+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residency for all temporary inlands (workers, students, asylum seekers), Is Quebec included?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Recently federal immigration minister said that they are planning to have some sort of permanent residency route for all workers, students and asylum seekers who are inland. Students and temporary foreign workers contribute a lot to the economy of provinces they are in and also to federal government through tax revenue. This is a good news during these tough times, if I read it right.

My skepticism is for those stuck in Quebec. Would our benevolent government here shower us with bottlenecks coz we choose Quebec. For example - Something in Canada-Quebec Accord nullifies this announcement for Quebec inlands.

Bit hazy for me.
What are your views on it?

Reactions: Zgajipurwala

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Recently federal immigration minister said that they are planning to have some sort of permanent residency route for all workers, students and asylum seekers who are inland. Students and temporary foreign workers contribute a lot to the economy of provinces they are in and also to federal government through tax revenue. This is a good news during these tough times, if I read it right.

My skepticism is for those stuck in Quebec. Would our benevolent government here shower us with bottlenecks coz we choose Quebec. For example - Something in Canada-Quebec Accord nullifies this announcement for Quebec inlands.

Bit hazy for me.
What are your views on it?
It was a Federal government announcement. So most likely it will benefit and be delivered like Federal programs are now which excludes Quebec. That would be my guess. Quebec has always controlled their own programs.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
For their own benefit newcomers (students and workers) should avoid Quebec. Quebec should instead divert their quota to french speaking asylum seekers. I also assume that those present in Quebec should be able to avail benefits of this new federal announcement if they move out of Quebec. This is what CAQ Government wants. Let's make them popular and prosperous with their votebank.

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
Unfortunately, me too, I don't think that this includes Québec's applicants. We are doomed...

Reactions: Immstu

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I honestly do not think the delays are because of CAQ government. It is the quebec immigration in general and covid added to it this year. Controlled immigration is good to keep the canadian values in place aswell as to keep immigrants in check and not take this oppurtunity for granted. Fast immigration numbers will only contribute to lose nativity as resetting cultures (canadian nativity lost otherwise) in immigrant minds will take decades.

I'm for right wing government anytime with all thier immigration restrictions but will never trust libéral immigrant vote bank politics anywhere in the world. We are only seeing wide spread destruction in the name of Globalisation by liberal governments around the world where as Nationalism (true patriotism) by right wing's only intention is to protect themselves(citizens).

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I honestly do not think the delays are because of CAQ government. It is the quebec immigration in general and covid added to it this year. Controlled immigration is good to keep the canadian values in place aswell as to keep immigrants in check and not take this oppurtunity for granted. Fast immigration numbers will only contribute to lose nativity as resetting cultures (canadian nativity lost otherwise) in immigrant minds will take decades.

I'm for right wing government anytime with all thier immigration restrictions but will never trust libéral immigrant vote bank politics anywhere in the world. We are only seeing wide spread destruction in the name of Globalisation by liberal governments around the world where as Nationalism (true patriotism) by right wing's only intention is to protect themselves(citizens).
By Quebec immigration I assume you mean MIFI. Is this a separate universe to Quebec government which is run by CAQ Government.

Also from your comment I believe you aren't in favour of federal government announcement. I am neither left nor right but favour any government which doesn't overlook the humane angle. Federal announcement reposes the faith of hundreds of thousands in this country that someone is genuinely concerned about economic turnaround with a humane outreach and this is where CAQ Government is a complete disaster.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
If it is IRCC or MIFI causing the delays is the question. If you guys have a good article that explains the quota system and how CAQ government is having the control over the immigration numbers it will be enlighting.

There is some kind of movement in issuing CSQs even during pandemic from MIFI though they reduced number of CSQs issued which i believe is to speed up IRCC to clear QSWP applications that are piled up. But i see the delay is from IRCC at this point where quebec immigration is concerned.

If you tell me MIFI is the reason for federal processing delays of QSWP then issuing more CSQs does not make any sense. I do not think quebec economy depends so much on CSQ application fees if MIFI was only interested in that. If it is the quota system that is the real reason here for the delays then reduction of CSQs was a good decision by CAQ government and we should be appreciative.

Reactions: jack20

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
It is quite clear that MIFI is slowing down the IRCC. When all over the Canada the processing time is 6-12 months and in this period they do full evaluation and not only background and medical check, in Québec takes 26 months.

Also, when they announce the annual targets they shouldn't separate the CSQs from PR as it is part of the same process.
Unfortunately the whole process is ridiculous and from immigration process point of view, we did the worst choice to come in Québec.

Reactions: jack20 and Immstu

ndse2

Jul 15, 2019
Hi Iam a Quebec investor applicant , in the process since nov 2016 .
csq in may 2018 , in federal since 2018 sept
Current processing times 49 months . Waiting endlessly for MR !!!
The whole system of Quebec badly needs a revamp . Lots and lots of lives / families at stake !!!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
The whole system of Quebec badly needs a revamp . Lots and lots of lives / families at stake !!!
There are a lot better programs for investors out of Quebec. Now you don't have a choice. Please suffer.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
It is quite clear that MIFI is slowing down the IRCC. When all over the Canada the processing time is 6-12 months and in this period they do full evaluation and not only background and medical check, in Québec takes 26 months.

Also, when they announce the annual targets they shouldn't separate the CSQs from PR as it is part of the same process.
Unfortunately the whole process is ridiculous and from immigration process point of view, we did the worst choice to come in Québec.
This is where i'm not having clear information as to how MIFI is controlling IRCC processing times. I know quebec quota reduction but still processing is done by IRCC right? With IRCC processing times faster regarding other provinces and slower with quebec makes it IRCC's fault more rhan MIFI's.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/agreements/federal-provincial-territorial/quebec/canada-quebec-accord-made-easy.html

As far as I understand quebec only decides on the number of people it selects and wants to admit. Federal government does the rest of the admission formalities like processing of applications. I can only see the delay is from IRCC and once CSQs are issued MIFI can only advice on numbers of immigrants province wants to accept per year and the rest is at IRCC's mercy.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
This is where i'm not having clear information as to how MIFI is controlling IRCC processing times. I know quebec quota reduction but still processing is done by IRCC right? With IRCC processing times faster regarding other provinces and slower with quebec makes it IRCC's fault more rhan MIFI's.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/agreements/federal-provincial-territorial/quebec/canada-quebec-accord-made-easy.html

As far as I understand quebec only decides on the number of people it selects and wants to admit. Federal government does the rest of the admission formalities like processing of applications. I can only see the delay is from IRCC and once CSQs are issued MIFI can only advice on numbers of immigrants province wants to accept per year and the rest is at IRCC's mercy.
I will simplify it for you -
MIFI decides on quota of csq and PR admission category wise. Agree? (Except asylum seekers)

In 2018 and 2019 MIFI reduced csq and PR quota by 20% +. Agree?

Because of this quota choking, in July 2019 all quota for that year was exhausted. IRCC had to abide by quota released by MIFI, hence the files thereon were unopened and piled up. No AOR issued coz of it (inlands).

October end, 2019, MIFI released quota for 2020 but in first quarter of 2020 (covid was in air but lockdown officially started third week of March) not even a single application from July 2019 inland QSWP received an AOR. I and my friends have spoken to different lawyers about this pre covid-19 window at IRCC for QSWP files but got no definite answers. Some say IRCC was contemplating digitization of those files and RFQ's had been drafted other say it was manpower shortage there. Now for these two months certainly IRCC is accountable but glorifying MIFI and paying obeisance to them for reducing csq quota is akin to clapping with a single hand. MIFI also reduced PR numbers besides csq issued. Now right wingers when told about it say that it's fault of governments previous to Caq. Maybe they are right but applicants never faced such a dilemma when they were in power.

In nutshell, unnneded quota choking is responsible for pre covid-19 pile up.
Who did it? MIFI.
On whose direction? Current government.
Whose Government? CAQ
(As to quota figures, people shared link on QSW thread or you can Google to authenticate above details)
You and me can go on and on to counter each other but the bitter truth is 30k+ files unopened, piled up for last 16 months, with many of them having lost their jobs and those who have jobs waiting on AOR to file cwp. MIFI with concerted backing of CAQ is certainly responsible for this disaster but it would have been prudent for IRCC to raise a red flag and take this issue to federal immigration minister/committee.

I would expect federal government to tweak the provision of cwp for QSWP applications and give them a reprieve in form of BOWP.

Thanks.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The Quebec investor program is the last provincial investor program standing and assume it will be eliminated soon because it has essentially been a way for most to purchase a life in BC for the dependents of the primary applicant. Very little job creation has come from this and the primary income earner often renounces their PR. There are many investors claiming no income while living a very luxurious lifestyle.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I will simplify it for you -
MIFI decides on quota of csq and PR admission category wise. Agree? (Except asylum seekers)

In 2018 and 2019 MIFI reduced csq and PR quota by 20% +. Agree?

Because of this quota choking, in July 2019 all quota for that year was exhausted. IRCC had to abide by quota released by MIFI, hence the files thereon were unopened and piled up. No AOR issued coz of it (inlands).

October end, 2019, MIFI released quota for 2020 but in first quarter of 2020 (covid was in air but lockdown officially started third week of March) not even a single application from July 2019 inland QSWP received an AOR. I and my friends have spoken to different lawyers about this pre covid-19 window at IRCC for QSWP files but got no definite answers. Some say IRCC was contemplating digitization of those files and RFQ's had been drafted other say it was manpower shortage there. Now for these two months certainly IRCC is accountable but glorifying MIFI and paying obeisance to them for reducing csq quota is akin to clapping with a single hand. MIFI also reduced PR numbers besides csq issued. Now right wingers when told about it say that it's fault of governments previous to Caq. Maybe they are right but applicants never faced such a dilemma when they were in power.

In nutshell, unnneded quota choking is responsible for pre covid-19 pile up.
Who did it? MIFI.
On whose direction? Current government.
Whose Government? CAQ
(As to quota figures, people shared link on QSW thread or you can Google to authenticate above details)
You and me can go on and on to counter each other but the bitter truth is 30k+ files unopened, piled up for last 16 months, with many of them having lost their jobs and those who have jobs waiting on AOR to file cwp. MIFI with concerted backing of CAQ is certainly responsible for this disaster but it would have been prudent for IRCC to raise a red flag and take this issue to federal immigration minister/committee.

I would expect federal government to tweak the provision of cwp for QSWP applications and give them a reprieve in form of BOWP.

Thanks.
Thanks for the explanation and I actually thought of countering point to point but like you said it doesn't help either of us.

But it wasn't perfect before CAQ govt, QSWP was still taking 15-18 months processing time or more in many cases. Which is what i refered to as Quebec immigration in general. Because of cancelling 18000 applications and stream lining CSQ issuance based on labour requirement would've cleared the clog but Covid situation turned it upside down.

Your explanation seems to imply the delay is something new and started only from 2018. If CAQ govt run MIFI issued fewer CSQs since 2018 then IRCC digitizing QSWP applications + Covid could be the reason for the pileup. Introduction of point system Arrima is the single most effective way for immigration compared to first come first serve model previous govt had just loading the province with low income immigrants (nothing against them but when we talk about economy/tax income these hard truth matter)

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thanks for the explanation and I actually thought of countering point to point but like you said it doesn't help either of us.

But it wasn't perfect before CAQ govt, QSWP was still taking 15-18 months processing time or more in many cases. Which is what i refered to as Quebec immigration in general. Because of cancelling 18000 applications and stream lining CSQ issuance based on labour requirement would've cleared the clog but Covid situation turned it upside down.

Your explanation seems to imply the delay is something new and started only from 2018. If CAQ govt run MIFI issued fewer CSQs since 2018 then IRCC digitizing QSWP applications + Covid could be the reason for the pileup. Introduction of point system Arrima is the single most effective way for immigration compared to first come first serve model previous govt had just loading the province with low income immigrants (nothing against them but when we talk about economy/tax income these hard truth matter)
Well, all in all be it peq or Arrima PR applicants suffer for no fault of theirs. Allowing hordes to get csq without any job centric qualification or skill shortage areas certainly was a problem. As to workers, be they in low wage, they still contribute a chunk of their income to Quebec and federal. I don't see much hope for things to straighten out for QSWP applicants very soon - maybe in next 3-4 years processing times get reduced to eighteen months or so.