+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residency count after getting a new PR card

capablan

Apr 2, 2016
After landing, my first card never arrived. I left Canada because I had a job, and it was difficult to call IRCC from outside to find out. I came back two years later with COPR and applied for a PR card. This time I also didn't receive the card, but I was calling IRCC and checking, they sent it was mailed out but never arrived.

So, after waiting for some time, I had to leave Canada again because of my job overseas. I filled out the solemn declaration, and after some time received an email inviting for an appointment to pick up my card personally.

So now my question is, what will be the card issue date? Landing date, or the appointment date? Note that I never had a PR card, although it has been more than two years. There is a huge difference between those dates. If it is the appointment date, then the count for residency requirements starts from that date, right?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
After landing, my first card never arrived. I left Canada because I had a job, and it was difficult to call IRCC from outside to find out. I came back two years later with COPR and applied for a PR card. This time I also didn't receive the card, but I was calling IRCC and checking, they sent it was mailed out but never arrived.

So, after waiting for some time, I had to leave Canada again because of my job overseas. I filled out the solemn declaration, and after some time received an email inviting for an appointment to pick up my card personally.

So now my question is, what will be the card issue date? Landing date, or the appointment date? Note that I never had a PR card, although it has been more than two years. There is a huge difference between those dates. If it is the appointment date, then the count for residency requirements starts from that date, right?
As said above, the residency requirement isn't calculated based on the PR card issue date or expiry date - the PR card is irrelevant. The calculation is from the day you landed.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015

If I read your description right, you are currently not in Canada. How do you intend to travel there to pick up your card? You will not be able to board a flight to Canada without a PR card or PRTD.

Regarding date, as the others said above.