NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
danme said:
Hi, sorry to reply to your post, but still new here do not know how to start a new question. I Applied for the citizenship in November 2010, in January 2012, I received a letter inviting me to go and do the test, however I received with delays because it got the gap of the New Year holidays and I had booked already my annual leave at work and I could not attend the test as I was out of the country. Citizenship Canada had up to 6 months to send me a letter informing a new date for the test as I missed it the 1st time, instead, they requested more information and more documents with a new residence questionary. With this, Citizenship Canada allow themselves to say there's no time frame for the processing once they issue such questionary. I have sent the documents they requested on time, but since August my status does not change. Someone had similar situation? Is this like start a new application? taking up to 2 years to do the test?

*** To know your entries in Canada precisely, you can check the Canadian Border website, they can issue a report with all your entries in Canada.

cheers... hopefully, someone can give some tip about my situation.

thanks

In my case i did my test in march 2010 in toronto.
sameday RQ.
SUBMITTED SAME WEEK STILL IAM WAITING WAITING.
NO TIME LIMIT.
HOPE FOR THE BEST.

Jun 1, 2012
Anyone?

WonderfulRemark said:
I got my RQ after the test(at the test).

Just working on the RQ at the moment.

Do I really have to send them ALL my credit card statements? that's gonna be a binder full of statements, since I only use my credit cards?

What about the property assessments? I am missing a copy from 2008-2009 which I resided in Winnipeg(now I am in BC)?

And Auto Insurance papers?(I've owned a few vehicles.) Do I have to provide EVERYTHING(as in Every year)?

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
WonderfulRemark said:
I don't know much about RQs per se, but when I applied for PR I sent them EVERYTHING in order to build my case. Just as a precaution. Inconvenient though it may be to send CIC a massive stack of paper, it's still less inconvenient than getting rejected.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
nobody can ever hold against you the sending of "too much" relevant and pertinent supporting info and docs that will only strengthen your case.

On the contrary, a weak file with multiple info. gaps is more likely to get them going and possibly induce more delays with the 'back and forths' and 'in process' waits etc.

Goli58

Jan 3, 2013
mirmukaramali said:
did my text in march 2011 and receive residence questionare
still no updates almost 21 months.
no reply still in process.. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I did my test on July 26, received the questioner on the same day. Send the documents on Aug 20. just called CIC, they said as my documents are in St. Clair office, I have to wait 4 years till my file be assigned to an officer to be reviewed.

I have been in Canada almost 5 years!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is insane!!!!

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goli58 said:
I did my test on July 26, received the questioner on the same day. Send the documents on Aug 20. just called CIC, they said as my documents are in St. Clair office, I have to wait 4 years till my file be assigned to an officer to be reviewed.
Yes, CIC quotes additional 48 months delay for RQ cases in St. Clair office these days.

Goli58 said:
I have been in Canada almost 5 years!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is insane!!!!
But you have nothing to worry if you plan to continue living in Canada, he-he. (SARCASM)

Goli58

Jan 3, 2013
EasyRider said:
Yes, CIC quotes additional 48 months delay for RQ cases in St. Clair office these days.

But you have nothing to worry if you plan to continue living in Canada, he-he. (SARCASM)
I know, but for every freaking travel, I have apply for visa, can not travel for my job because it is too much headache for my manager!!!!

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goli58 said:
I know, but for every freaking travel, I have apply for visa, can not travel for my job because it is too much headache for my manager!!!!
Where do you travel to? US gives multiple entry visas valid for multiple years usually, Europe too if you're a confirmed frequent traveler.

Jan 3, 2013
imran65 said:
I am still waiting for my oath and I wrote the test and RQ in July 2011. I have heard that if you are required to fill out an RQ, it could take up to 18 -24 months. If you are lucky, you will get it 6-9 months after your test date, but that is unlikely. Good Luck.
i have submitted my RQ in April 2011. and now has been waiting for 21 months and has not received any updates from the edmonton office yet. getting very frustrated. wondering how long do other people wait for the judge hearing or the oath after submitting their RQ???

Goli58

Jan 3, 2013
EasyRider said:
Where do you travel to? US gives multiple entry visas valid for multiple years usually, Europe too if you're a confirmed frequent traveler.
Europe gives me always multiple entry for 6 months but US always one time entry for 6 months. If I have overlap I have to wait till it gets expired. Also each time, I have to provide them tones of documents!!!! And it takes 3 weeks to get the visa, so I lose the chance of urgent travelling!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goli58 said:
Europe gives me always multiple entry for 6 months but US always one time entry for 6 months. If I have overlap I have to wait till it gets expired. Also each time, I have to provide them tones of documents!!!! And it takes 3 weeks to get the visa, so I lose the chance of urgent travelling!
You can request for longer duration UK/ Schengen visas which are often not an issue for frequent travellers especially with Canadian PR. US visa duration is usually tied to your country of citizenship but most Canadian PRs get a 2, 5 or or 10 year B1/B2 combo...what US visa class are you applying for and what's your citizenship (if you are ok to share)...the 6 months seems unusual.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri, off-topic, but US can give shorter (e.g. 3 month) single-entry B1/B2 visas to someone with specific education or employment history, e.g. degrees in robotics, chemistry or having military connections in your own country. At the same time for "normal" citizens of the same country they may be granting 3-10 years multiple entry visas. So, Goli58 was not very lucky here.

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
Goli58 said:

In my case i did my test in march 2011 in toronto.
sameday RQ.
NO TIME LIMIT.
HOPE FOR THE BEST.

23 months i guess.

Goli58

Jan 3, 2013
mirmukaramali said:
In my case i did my test in march 2011 in toronto.
sameday RQ.
NO TIME LIMIT.
HOPE FOR THE BEST.

23 months i guess.
I am trying to find out how many people are in our situation and prepare and appeal. It is insane to wait for more years.

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
Goli58 said:
I am trying to find out how many people are in our situation and prepare and appeal. It is insane to wait for more years.
Well i contacted MP.
he said for RQ no time limit. :(

iam just waiting.