+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residence Questionnaire (RQ) Petition

Halloum

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone expalin why people keep saying that thousands of people have received RQs and have to live with its misery timeline when only just over 600 signed the petition? 600 translates to (100 people +wife/husband + 4 friends each). Surely all of us, including those who have not received RQ and those who finaly got their Citizenship have tons of friends. Or is it that we are not spreading the word enough? We may doubt the petition will get us anywhere given the policy of the existing government but we can only do what we can.

If you don't know what petiition i'm talking about please refer to postings by Mary Chad and the following links :
www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/minister-kenney-solve-the-4-year-delay-canadian-citizenship-applications-suffer
or www.residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/

mvb

Feb 8, 2013
May be, many people doesn't volunteer for the signature campaign.

The right person to ask this question is Mary Chad, the senior forum member, who is taking steps to minimize the RQ timeline by representing to the minister and talking to the lawyers for the possible court actions.

Apr 11, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why waste your time on a petition? If you have all the right reasons to believe that there was injustice committed against you by receiving an RQ then go to the court and challenge it through mandamus. The issue common to all is either they lied about their presence in Canada or CIC has reasonable doubt about their applications. If you think you were wronged by CIC then hire an immigration lawyer for bloody sake.

Halloum

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What can an immigration lawyer do for bloody sake? If you think petitions are waste of time, then you are just ignorant about how much difference they can make. It is early to apply mandamus for me any way. I will not comment on your other generalizations because I can tell you have no clue.

Apr 11, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An immigration lawyer and not an immigration consultant could guide you to have an informed decision. If you are correct that you are still within the normal processing time then it is a waste of energy to signed a petition. By petition I presumed that this will be forwarded to the House of Commons or just a signed papers of unverified individuals who are not cleared how the process CIC follows.