+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESIDENCE QUESTIONARE..!

A

amirchov

drakef2000 said:
Hi,

I and my wife have received a residency questionere on the date of our test Oct 21/201We have been told that we have few days less than
1095 days.Because the residency questionere process takes very long we have decided to withdraw and reaaply
I would apreciate your opinion
This is a viable option - and was actually recommended to me as well by an immigration consultant. But on the other hand, you will have to wait another 12-18 months anyway when re-applying, so I thought it was redundant.

Which CIC office did you apply at?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drakef2000 said:
Hi,

I and my wife have received a residency questionere on the date of our test Oct 21/201We have been told that we have few days less than
1095 days.Because the residency questionere process takes very long we have decided to withdraw and reaaply
Since you have already waited to the point of having taken the test, the RQ process might not actually be longer than applying again so it is hard to say which is better.

drakef2000

Oct 25, 2011
thanks for reply.my application is in st claire toronto office.We applied for citizenship
in nov 2010 and we did the test on oct 21/2011 which is less than 1 year.the problem
with RQ is that there is no time frame and it can take very long as I heard.

Therfore ,we decided to reapply.Does anyone have idea what is the average time for RQ in st claire office?

A

amirchov

drakef2000 said:
thanks for reply.my application is in st claire toronto office.We applied for citizenship
in nov 2010 and we did the test on oct 21/2011 which is less than 1 year.the problem
with RQ is that there is no time frame and it can take very long as I heard.

Therfore ,we decided to reapply.Does anyone have idea what is the average time for RQ in st claire office?
My application at St. Clair office is now 10 months with RQ processing. Can take at least from 2-8 additional months according to their time line.

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
drakef2000 said:
Hi,

Dont do that,i wouldnt do that.

drakef2000

Oct 25, 2011
why you say do not do that?
I talked to CIC and they also recommend to reapply because the RQ might take
even more than 2 years and no timeline.
Can you please give me your reason

A

amirchov

drakef2000 said:
why you say do not do that?
I talked to CIC and they also recommend to reapply because the RQ might take
even more than 2 years and no timeline.
Can you please give me your reason
Dude, if the CIC people recommended the withdrawal of your application and re-applying, I would follow their advice. But again, most of us here (I assume) are not lawyers so take whatever is suggested on this forum with a grain of salt...

As I see how easy it is for CIC offices to give the RQ to applicants, you should verify:
1. You satisfy the number of days
2. Make sure you are over 1095 days just to be on the safe side
3. Check and make sure you have documents you can present when you are invited to the test (again) - like rental, bank, employment, tax and so on. They never ask you to bring it, but trust me - it can help a lot!
4. Verify your stamps in the passport and that they match the absences from Canada! This is the most important.

Good luck!

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
amirchov said:
Dude, if the CIC people recommended the withdrawal of your application and re-applying, I would follow their advice. But again, most of us here (I assume) are not lawyers so take whatever is suggested on this forum with a grain of salt...

As I see how easy it is for CIC offices to give the RQ to applicants, you should verify:
1. You satisfy the number of days
2. Make sure you are over 1095 days just to be on the safe side
3. Check and make sure you have documents you can present when you are invited to the test (again) - like rental, bank, employment, tax and so on. They never ask you to bring it, but trust me - it can help a lot!
4. Verify your stamps in the passport and that they match the absences from Canada! This is the most important.

Good luck!

Drakef2000
the reason i said wait its almost 10months over and your paper work is done,
they dint reject you application you been approved almost so just wait,lots of people has been rejecting now a days,
so i woulndt take chance.
Ali

melo

Jul 7, 2011
if you withdraw your application you will have an RQ for sure the next time . So i depends on how many days less you have and also about your ties in canada

A

amirchov

melo said:
if you withdraw your application you will have an RQ for sure the next time . So i depends on how many days less you have and also about your ties in canada
Come on buddy, you are saying this based on which facts and statistics? This is completely unverified and the CIC does not work this way.
If a person made a mistake in <u>calculating the days</u> and submitting a new request would solve this, AND there are no other issues that may raise open questions during his interview, then I see no reason why withdrawing an application and re-applying would do any harm.

CIC personnel would not recommend a PR to re-apply just to make him go through the whole RQ process again... I still have faith in government officials :)

A

amirchov

Alabaman said:
Good luck on this
Luck has nothing to do with this - CIC personnel are not capricious or mean - they simply follow the law. The law was made to protect us from liars that abuse the system. People apply before having the minimum required days in Canada and then complain it takes so long. I also don't agree with comments like "the CIC at St. Clair is notorious for giving RQs". The correct observation should be "People are notorious for not following the pre-requisites before applying for citizenship".

If you are planning to live in Canada for the rest of your life, and you call it your home - what's the rush in getting citizenship? I believe many have ulterior motives and want to move back to their home countries after issuing a passport. They are making life harder for the rest of us who take the whole immigration process seriously.

drakef2000

Oct 25, 2011
I think that is true that if you want to live in Canada for ever there is no rush to get citizenship.
I am working in Canada and payed by goverment since 2008.I have all my old and new passports with exit and entry stamps.

I do not have any problem to show that I was in Canada more than 1095 days in the last 4 years.nothing is fake in my application.
The only reason I want reapply is that there is no time frame for RQ
and CIC told me it can take 12 month to few years depend on the case and availability of the judge.

A

amirchov

drakef2000 said:
I think that is true that if you want to live in Canada for ever there is no rush to get citizenship.
I am working in Canada and payed by goverment since 2008.I have all my old and new passports with exit and entry stamps.

I do not have any problem to show that I was in Canada more than 1095 days in the last 4 years.nothing is fake in my application.
The only reason I want reapply is that there is no time frame for RQ
and CIC told me it can take 12 month to few years depend on the case and availability of the judge.
I wasn't accusing :) dude, I think you should talk to an immigration consultant. There is no harm in that and they have much more experience than forum responders, Also, from personal experience working with a consultant, they can get information related to your case easily and quickly since they often know the people that work at immigration...

It's not a bad idea to withdraw your application and re-submit. I would have done myself, but it wouldn't have solved my issues and I would have had to submit RQ again should I have done that.

Good luck bro!

melo

Jul 7, 2011
amirchov said:
Come on buddy, you are saying this based on which facts and statistics? This is completely unverified and the CIC does not work this way.
If a person made a mistake in <u>calculating the days</u> and submitting a new request would solve this, AND there are no other issues that may raise open questions during his interview, then I see no reason why withdrawing an application and re-applying would do any harm.

CIC personnel would not recommend a PR to re-apply just to make him go through the whole RQ process again... I still have faith in government officials :)
I am saying that based on cp5 page 16-17.