NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
HELLLO GUYS.
I RECEIVED RESIDENCE QUESTIONARE SAME DAY WHEN I HAD TO WRITE TEST FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP WHICH WAS IN MARCH 15TH 2011.
TILL NOW NO RESPONSE ANY ONE AROUND WITH THE SAME CASE???
PLEASE SHARE SOME DETAILS.
PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Receiving RQ can add a year or more of processing time to your citizenship application. So I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard anything yet after submitting your RQ package.

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
aryana said:
which CIC? I am in the same situation as well.
st clair toronto.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From postings on this forum, it seems to me that CIC St. Claire is notorious for giving RQs.

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
Alabaman said:
From postings on this forum, it seems to me that CIC St. Claire is notorious for giving RQs.
Yup they are the one who decide for all torontonian's
did you get RQ as well??

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
Alabaman said:
did u get any RQ???HOW LONG U HAD TO WAIT?

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mirmukaramali said:
did u get any RQ???HOW LONG U HAD TO WAIT?
No I didn't. I haven't filed for citizenship yet and I don't live in GTA. My comment was just from observations on the forum.

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
aryana said:
which CIC? I am in the same situation as well.
Did u get RQ??? HOW LONG DO U HAD TO WAIT???

aryana

Mar 28, 2011
my application is with mississauga CIC. Still not got any updates. I checked with telephone support and all they could say was my documents were received and the file is under review.donno how long it is going to take

A

amirchov

I received the questionnaire in November 2010 and still haven't heard anything. The CIC indicated that the application will be delayed by 12 to 18 months since in most cases it will proceed to a judge hearing.

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
amirchov said:
I received the questionnaire in November 2010 and still haven't heard anything. The CIC indicated that the application will be delayed by 12 to 18 months since in most cases it will proceed to a judge hearing.
Someone suggest me we should contact MP.

A

amirchov

mirmukaramali said:
Someone suggest me we should contact MP.
The MP is the right address, not the CIC. But immigration is a lengthy process in many countries, even in my home country it requires 4 years of physical stay and then a process that can take 1-2 years additionally. In the USA they are stricter: they require 5 years of physical stay and if during those 60 months the legal permanent resident was outside for a continuous period of 6 months or more they are immediately disqualified. So comparebly, we are in good hands :)

The CIC itself is just an institution implementing the rules and regulations determined by Parliament and administered by the Minister. The fact that CIC does process hundreds of thousands of applicants every year is a testament to how much work they do get done despite the limitations imposed in a fiscally tight era of government.
There is a huge backlog, mostly caused:
1. By people who apply without having the minimum prerequisite of stay in Canada
2. The judicial process governed by the Citizenship Judges (again, not their fault – they have to follow the law)

As a Canadian (and yes, I see myself as one although I do not possess Citizenship status) I want the authorities to properly check and examine the candidates for citizenship. Too many people abuse this system; lie in their applications - so we can't blame the authorities for being suspicious...

I guess patience is a virtue...

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
amirchov said:
The MP is the right address, not the CIC. But immigration is a lengthy process in many countries, even in my home country it requires 4 years of physical stay and then a process that can take 1-2 years additionally. In the USA they are stricter: they require 5 years of physical stay and if during those 60 months the legal permanent resident was outside for a continuous period of 6 months or more they are immediately disqualified. So comparebly, we are in good hands :)

The CIC itself is just an institution implementing the rules and regulations determined by Parliament and administered by the Minister. The fact that CIC does process hundreds of thousands of applicants every year is a testament to how much work they do get done despite the limitations imposed in a fiscally tight era of government.
There is a huge backlog, mostly caused:
1. By people who apply without having the minimum prerequisite of stay in Canada
2. The judicial process governed by the Citizenship Judges (again, not their fault – they have to follow the law)

As a Canadian (and yes, I see myself as one although I do not possess Citizenship status) I want the authorities to properly check and examine the candidates for citizenship. Too many people abuse this system; lie in their applications - so we can't blame the authorities for being suspicious...

I guess patience is a virtue...
What an excellent piece of advice. Thank you.

drakef2000

Oct 25, 2011
Hi,

I and my wife have received a residency questionere on the date of our test Oct 21/201We have been told that we have few days less than
1095 days.Because the residency questionere process takes very long we have decided to withdraw and reaaply
I would apreciate your opinion