+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residence Calculator sheet ?Wrong calculation (Refused ???

mike124

Sep 1, 2013
Does any one received back his application (Refused as a result of wrong calculation ) :eek:
on the residence sheet (online calculation ). 8)
or returned back as incomplete cause of WRONG DATE CALCULATION

Is there is any chance for online calculation to be wrong :'(? Who is responsibility ? :D

or refused because of wrong calculation on the sheet ?
Please share your history :mad: :mad: :mad:

mike124

Sep 1, 2013
how ???computer Residence Calculator sheet ?Wrong calculation (Refused ???

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Re: how ???computer Residence Calculator sheet ?Wrong calculation (Refused ???

mike124 said:
Do you mind sharing more details on this 'wrong calculation'?

mike124

Sep 1, 2013

touché said:
Do you mind sharing more details on this 'wrong calculation'?
I n the calculation section the computre calculate wrongly ???
for example
outside canada
from
20/11/2010 till 22/12/201 total days 27??? :'( :'( :'(computre did wrong?how
so did any body have this problem before :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

andrewka

Oct 15, 2012

mike124 said:
I n the calculation section the computre calculate wrongly ???
for example
outside canada
from
20/11/2010 till 22/12/201 total days 27??? :'( :'( :'(computre did wrong?how
so did any body have this problem before :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
My guess is that you either:
1) started the calculation on the wrong day (i.e. entered your landing date incorrectly)
2) "application date" in the calculation is different from the date you signed your citizenship app

As you haven't posted any meaningful details (other than a ton of emoticons), it is hard to provide you with more than the above.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to provide the dates that you

(i) first came to Canada,

(ii) landed,

(iii) traveled in and out of Canada,

(iv) applied for Citizenship

for anyone to give you a meaningful answer. The burden is on the applicant to get the form filled out correctly. In any case the RC will either say you qualify or you don't. Are you mixing up date versions here DDMMYY/ MM/DD/YY?

You also need to be aware that only days in which you were in Canada by midnight count e.g. if you traveled to the US on 1st Jan 2013 at 8 a.m. then returned on 1st Jan 2013 at 11:30 pm that day counts - if you got held up at the border and entered on 2nd Jan 2013 at 12:15 am i.e. just after midnight then that 1st Jan 2013 day you were absent. Effectively this means departure days are disregarded on the premise that most flights depart Canada well before midnight.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
You need to provide the dates that you

(i) first came to Canada,

(ii) landed,

(iii) traveled in and out of Canada,

(iv) applied for Citizenship

for anyone to give you a meaningful answer. The burden is on the applicant to get the form filled out correctly. In any case the RC will either say you qualify or you don't. Are you mixing up date versions here DDMMYY/ MM/DD/YY?

You also need to be aware that only days in which you were in Canada by midnight count e.g. if you traveled to the US on 1st Jan 2013 at 8 a.m. then returned on 1st Jan 2013 at 11:30 pm that day counts - if you got held up at the border and entered on 2nd Jan 2013 at 12:15 am i.e. just after midnight then that 1st Jan 2013 day you were absent. Effectively this means departure days are disregarded on the premise that most flights depart Canada well before midnight.

landing date 2010 04 10

application date 2013 09 30

manual calculation calculates it 1269 days

but online calculator calculates it 1268, why and how?

is it so that if i left Canada before midnight then that day be excluded from my 'physical presence in Canada?'

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAYS ABSENT DIFFERENCE IN CALCULATION PER ONLINE AND MANUAL:

From To # Days (ONLINE) # Days (MANUAL)
2010-08-11 2010-10-01 51 52
2011-07-13 2011-09-11 60 62
2013-07-01 2013-08-27 57 58
Total # Days 168 171

WHY THIS HAPPEN?

mike124

Sep 1, 2013
My Question clearly that

*****Did any body received his application back *****as a result of wrong calculation

done by computer :'( :'( :'( :'( :'((on line residence calculation ) :'( :'( :'( :'(

****example:
entered in the computer
047+
050+
= 217 this is the real answer .......correct

the computer give different answer example = 198 ?? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

andrewka

Oct 15, 2012
lilua said:
landing date 2010 04 10

application date 2013 09 30

manual calculation calculates it 1269 days

but online calculator calculates it 1268, why and how?

is it so that if i left Canada before midnight then that day be excluded from my 'physical presence in Canada?'
No, this happens because online calculator ignores Feb 29 in leap year. If you read their FAQ, it is covered there - Feb 29 is not included in either "present" or "absent" buckets.

andrewka

Oct 15, 2012
lilua said:
DAYS ABSENT DIFFERENCE IN CALCULATION PER ONLINE AND MANUAL:

From To # Days (ONLINE) # Days (MANUAL)
2010-08-11 2010-10-01 51 52
2011-07-13 2011-09-11 60 62
2013-07-01 2013-08-27 57 58
Total # Days 168 171

WHY THIS HAPPEN?
Looks like you are calculating incorrectly (manually). Remember that residency days for citizenship calculation are calculated differently from residency days for pr status upkeep.
In citizenship process - you count either the day of departure or arrival as the day "present" in Canada.
In pr renewal process - you count both the day of departure and the day of arrival as days "present" in Canada.
It looks like in your manual calculation you are counting both arrival/departure days as days "absent".

The easiest way to do days calc for citizenship is to put all dates in Excel and subtract, it will be giving you correct day counts. Correct "absence" duration count in your first example is 51, 60 in the second example and so on - online calculator is giving you correct durations.

andrewka

Oct 15, 2012
mike124 said:
the computer give different answer example = 198 ??
Online calculator produces correct results (with one exception - Feb 29 in leap year - you manual calculation may be 1 day off compared to residency calculator). But clearly there will be no difference like you are trying to imply, unless you messed up the dates you've been entering there or on your application.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andrewka said:
Looks like you are calculating incorrectly (manually). Remember that residency days for citizenship calculation are calculated differently from residency days for pr status upkeep.
In citizenship process - you count either the day of departure or arrival as the day "present" in Canada.
In pr renewal process - you count both the day of departure and the day of arrival as days "present" in Canada.
It looks like in your manual calculation you are counting both arrival/departure days as days "absent".

The easiest way to do days calc for citizenship is to put all dates in Excel and subtract, it will be giving you correct day counts. Correct "absence" duration count in your first example is 51, 60 in the second example and so on - online calculator is giving you correct durations.
Thank you for the reply.Actually I did consider both days of departure and arrival as 'presence in Canada. I conted the day following my departure as 'absence'.