+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Resettlement case that exceeded the proper duration in IRCC

MohammadJarkas

Jan 13, 2023
Turkey
Hello everyone! Hope you are doing well!

My application is applied by UNHCR to IRCC, all of the procedures had been completed. On 23/12/2022 my application status had changed to "Decision made" . Since then, i constantly checking my application status on the IRCC website. However, there was nothing changed or even any updates on it. Although, i regularly call the IOM & UNHCR to know when will i receive Visas.Unfortunatly, They respond with a templated response "We can't do anything regarding your application, it is under process and you should be patient and wait for IRCC's responde"

My question is:

Does anyone have an effective direct email or a tool allows me as an applicant to get direct access informing the IRCC that my application took so long than usual?
And how can i let them faster the process to finalize all of my resettlement procedures?

Best regards

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone! Hope you are doing well!

My application is applied by UNHCR to IRCC, all of the procedures had been completed. On 23/12/2022 my application status had changed to "Decision made" . Since then, i constantly checking my application status on the IRCC website. However, there was nothing changed or even any updates on it. Although, i regularly call the IOM & UNHCR to know when will i receive Visas.Unfortunatly, They respond with a templated response "We can't do anything regarding your application, it is under process and you should be patient and wait for IRCC's responde"

My question is:

Does anyone have an effective direct email or a tool allows me as an applicant to get direct access informing the IRCC that my application took so long than usual?
And how can i let them faster the process to finalize all of my resettlement procedures?

Best regards
There is not exact timeline for resettlement cases so there is nothing you can really do but wait. There may be many reasons why you haven’t been contacted with plans to come to Canada including the fact that there is nowhere for you to live in many cities in Canada because the beds for refugees are over 100% capacity. The settlement agency dealing with the current asylum applicants and government sponsored refugees may also be too busy to accept more people at the moment. There are many reasons why your application has not been finalized but there is unfortunately no one to contact that will be able to finalize you application after you inform them you have been waiting for almost a year. If you have been waiting for multiple years after decision made you may be able to find out why you are experiencing such a long delay.

MohammadJarkas

Jan 13, 2023
Turkey
Thanks for your response.

In the matter of fact , i could just be able to contact the UNHCR & IOM . However , there was not even such a way to get an access for contacting with the IRCC.

How may i be able to know what are the reasons in particular that stop finalizing my application?

Which source would let me be able to find out why do i experience this?

Best regards.