+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Research in Express Entry Visa

ALTaylor

Star Member
May 11, 2017
My document checklist disappeared again and there is a new section under 'Work History' called 'Research'. So, it is marked incomplete.

It says:
The following questions are about your education and work experience recognition in Canada. IRCC will only use this information for research, performance measurement or evaluation purposes and not to make a decision about your profile or application. Your answers are important and will help improving employment services.

After this is completed, does the document checklist pop up again? I can't complete it because it asks if you know if your profession is regulated. You can only answer 'yes', 'no' or 'I don't know'. For me, the answer is 'Yes' and that it is not regulated. There is no option to tick for this. So, I can't complete it and I am stuck again.

Last edited:

hsn005

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Yes, it is a survey. But they did not word it properly when they added it recently; they have not yet seen their mistake.
what i have done is as follows:
"

while making my EE profile, i also marked yes in the section " some jobs are regulated in Canada. do you know ur primary occupation or trade is regulated?

and i ticked first part where it was written that contacted the regulatory body for information on the process.

well i did not ever contact them except sending an email to get some info regarding the requirements acc. to my job profile.

did i do right???? help plz

btw i am a mechanical engineer"

help me is that right?

ALTaylor

Star Member
May 11, 2017
what i have done is as follows:
"

while making my EE profile, i also marked yes in the section " some jobs are regulated in Canada. do you know ur primary occupation or trade is regulated?

and i ticked first part where it was written that contacted the regulatory body for information on the process.

well i did not ever contact them except sending an email to get some info regarding the requirements acc. to my job profile.

did i do right???? help plz

btw i am a mechanical engineer"

help me is that right?
This is a new addition. At the moment, there is no way to answer accurately. They did not provide the right checkboxes. I think the question should have been something like: Is your primary occupation or trade regulated?

Personally, I will wait until their next update and see if they fix it. Then I can answer more accurately. If they don't fix it, I guess we will have to choose the most correct answer in order to generate the document checklist OR decide not to take the survey (it is optional but you have to select 'no'). They say it is a survey and has no bearing on your application.

Last edited:
Reactions: hsn005

ALTaylor

Star Member
May 11, 2017
I understand your stress. I felt like this yesterday. It is so difficult to do the application, especially when they do new updates.

You can still change your answer to 'NO'. I tested it yesterday. Then the questions don't appear. I hope that helps.

Reactions: hsn005

sudheert

Jun 11, 2017
My document checklist disappeared again and there is a new section under 'Work History' called 'Research'. So, it is marked incomplete.

It says:
The following questions are about your education and work experience recognition in Canada. IRCC will only use this information for research, performance measurement or evaluation purposes and not to make a decision about your profile or application. Your answers are important and will help improving employment services.

After this is completed, does the document checklist pop up again? I can't complete it because it asks if you know if your profession is regulated. You can only answer 'yes', 'no' or 'I don't know'. For me, the answer is 'Yes' and that it is not regulated. There is no option to tick for this. So, I can't complete it and I am stuck again.
They did not word it properly, for the time being select I don't know and submit the application.

Reactions: ALTaylor

ALTaylor

Star Member
May 11, 2017
They did not word it properly, for the time being select I don't know and submit the application.
Very good advice. I thought of selecting "I don't know" because I cannot choose the other options. Maybe I'll do this. I haven't submitted it yet.

Good luck to everyone with your applications.

ALTaylor

Star Member
May 11, 2017
From I understand, they won't penalise you if you say 'no'. So, the answer, in my opinion, would be: yes, you can say 'no'. This is a new section.

Reactions: puff123