+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rescheduling Oath ceremony

evwchen

Sep 6, 2023
Great news indeed! After 5 months of waiting, my oath has finally been rescheduled to 19 Oct.
21 May Original oath
23 May Ghost update
23 Sep Oath not updated (never saw this change - only shows on the tracker today)
29 Sep Oath in progress (never saw this change - only shows on the tracker today)
3 Oct - Oath scheduled for 19 Oct

Good luck everyone!
For ceremonies over Zoom, do we get e-certificate by default?

violetelegance

May 3, 2023
For ceremonies over Zoom, do we get e-certificate by default?
Yes and they'll send the paper certificate in mail later. Also my ceremony was on 19th Oct and I am able to download the e-cert this morning on 21st Oct. This is probably the shortest time they've taken throughout the procedure lol

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yes and they'll send the paper certificate in mail later. Also my ceremony was on 19th Oct and I am able to download the e-cert this morning on 21st Oct. This is probably the shortest time they've taken throughout the procedure lol
If I am not wrong you get either of it, not both. Did they tell you, you will get both?

violetelegance

May 3, 2023
If I am not wrong you get either of it, not both. Did they tell you, you will get both?
Sorry I got you confused - you’re right. We won’t be able to receive both. I believe you can tell the official during the virtual ceremony that you prefer a paper one.

zohaib52

Apr 7, 2014
Hi,

I've got a question. My application includes me and my 4.5-year-old son. We're scheduled for a virtual ceremony on November 9, 2023, but here's the catch: we're currently overseas.

Now, we've received two separate emails, each with its own seat number - one for me and one for my son. My confusion is this: can I, as a parent, travel to Canada and represent both of us during the ceremony, or does my little one also need to make the journey to Canada. Do he have to be physically present in Canada, even if he doesn't attend the ceremony.?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could clear this up for me. Thanks a bunch!

elicanda87

Sep 21, 2018
Has anyone recently have any success with niagara office for rescheduling oath? We are outside of canada when we received tha oath invitation. The Oath date is 28th feb but we are returning back on March 1st.
We sent an email informing the same but got a very blunt reply that they reschedule only for emergencies etc. looking for some pointers from people who have faced similar issue recently. Thank you

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016
if you didn't ask for it ,will they still send the paper version anyway? it seems you either get digital or paper form?

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
if you didn't ask for it ,will they still send the paper version anyway? it seems you either get digital or paper form?
if you applied online it asks what version you would like. and i think people have said they asked at the ceremony for paper instead of e-cert and were told he would take a few weeks.