+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rescheduling Oath ceremony

iloveplants

Sep 25, 2023
Hello , I got oath ceremony in 2nd weekend of October. I need to go back home so I am planning to reschedule. I haven't booked tickets yet. Can I take a chance to reschedule it? What are chances of accepting request due to trip ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello , I got oath ceremony in 2nd weekend of October. I need to go back home so I am planning to reschedule. I haven't booked tickets yet. Can I take a chance to reschedule it? What are chances of accepting request due to trip ?
They normally don't accept trip as a reason for reschedule. Rescheduling also sometimes leads to delay of 6+ months for next oath. So better get over with it.

Reactions: MelVan

Afro-1989

Mar 28, 2023
My ceremony is supposed to be next week (Wednesday). I still haven’t received the official email for the ceremony. With 7 days to go, should I be contacting them already or have you guys seen the email come through 3,4 days before ceremony too?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My ceremony is supposed to be next week (Wednesday). I still haven’t received the official email for the ceremony. With 7 days to go, should I be contacting them already or have you guys seen the email come through 3,4 days before ceremony too?
Contact them. They will send a reminder to the oath office.

evwchen

Sep 6, 2023
I did send my boarding pass after I returned to Canada. Then I was out of the country again because rescheduling is going to take months. Now I’m back in Canada hoping that the new oath will happen soon.
Based on the recent updates from the forum, I personally think it’s safe to keep your travel plans for the following 3-4 months after the original oath.
Check your CIC tracker. My first invitation is on 5/24. This morning, the tracker shows the new date of 10/20. No email yet. Mississauga office.

violetelegance

May 3, 2023
Check your CIC tracker. My first invitation is on 5/24. This morning, the tracker shows the new date of 10/20. No email yet. Mississauga office.
Great news indeed! After 5 months of waiting, my oath has finally been rescheduled to 19 Oct.
21 May Original oath
23 May Ghost update
23 Sep Oath not updated (never saw this change - only shows on the tracker today)
29 Sep Oath in progress (never saw this change - only shows on the tracker today)
3 Oct - Oath scheduled for 19 Oct

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: idavid

idavid

Nov 6, 2019
After four months of waiting, my oath ceremony has finally been rescheduled.
May 24, 2023 Original in-person ceremony (Absence)
Jun 21, 2023 Submitting boarding passes by email
Oct 3, 2023 Status tracker update (No email yet)
Oct 20, 2023 Virtual oath ceremony
IRCC office: Mississauga
Good luck everyone!

evwchen

Sep 6, 2023
Good luck everyone!
May I ask how to know if it is virtual or in-person?

idavid

Nov 6, 2019
Good luck everyone!
Just got the email and instructions for Oct 20 video ceremony.

Reactions: violetelegance

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
It's a completely valid reason. You will not be expected to put your live on hold while waiting.

You just need to follow the instructions provided and to inform them of why you will be unable to attend and need to reschedule ASAP. The delay will likely take a while (impossible to say how long), but I would expect at least 3-4 months.

Of course, if you know you're soon to have a ceremony I would not plan any lengthy trips until that's been done. Common sense I'd say.

iloveplants

Sep 25, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I got the oath ceremony next week and I have vacation plans for 2 weeks after. That amount of time won't be enough to get my paperwork done so if in that case can I request to reschedule?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I got the oath ceremony next week and I have vacation plans for 2 weeks after. That amount of time won't be enough to get my paperwork done so if in that case can I request to reschedule?
They don't approve for vacation. You can give it a try though. Also rescheduling can push your new date to 6+ month.

evwchen

Sep 6, 2023
Hello Everyone,

From what I learned in this thread, they don't approve for vacation. But you can still leave for that without emailing them. After you come back, just email them the boarding pass to proof you are back from a 'necessary' trip abroad. They will reschedule for you anyways. I did email them about my planned trip before my first invitation but got no response. So I went on the trip. And I just finished the ceremony moments ago after a 5-month wait time.