+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rescheduling Oath ceremony

Afro-1989

Mar 28, 2023
Same here - Miss office, proof of return sent in April and not a sign since. Sent a webform last week, haven't called or chased until now because so many people in the same situation im not concerned, just getting impatient lol. Will post if it comes back with anything useful.
I’m in the same boat. April ceremony and with Mississauga. Please post update if anybody hears back from them

LES1910

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Oath ceremony status changed from “In Progress” to “Not started”. Did anyone else get the same update?
Yeah just checked now and it changes back yesterday - honestly while it seems like a step back it's not like we had any movement anyway... so at least they're even looking at this backlog and trying to do something with it.

Could also be another move of office maybe.

Reactions: violetelegance

Afro-1989

Mar 28, 2023
Yeah just checked now and it changes back yesterday - honestly while it seems like a step back it's not like we had any movement anyway... so at least they're even looking at this backlog and trying to do something with it.

Could also be another move of office maybe.
Yeah I would think it’s good progress. I kind of feel like that it means we have been put back in queue for oath scheduling now. Should move fast from here ~1-2 weeks or even sooner

Miharbi

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Other
Oath ceremony status changed from “In Progress” to “Not started”. Did anyone else get the same update?
Same here, today found that status changed from "In Progress" to “Not started”.
Initial Oath date was supposed to be 21st of February.

Penny L

Sep 21, 2023
June 21st still "In Progress" My PR card has since expired while waiting! So Ive cancelled my flights and applied for an urgent PR card.
No sign of either.
Concerned IRCC may be confused by both applications, and reject my PR renewal. I am wondering should I just withdraw my citizenship application?

violetelegance

May 3, 2023
June 21st still "In Progress" My PR card has since expired while waiting! So Ive cancelled my flights and applied for an urgent PR card.
No sign of either.
Concerned IRCC may be confused by both applications, and reject my PR renewal. I am wondering should I just withdraw my citizenship application?
No need to withdraw. I’ve applied for a new PR card while waiting for rescheduling the oath. My renewed PR card still came in mailbox after 2.5 months. It just takes time.

violetelegance

May 3, 2023
Mine just changed today from "in progress" to "not started". Please keep posting here if anyone of you get any further updates. Hope this ends soon for all of us!!
Amazing! I truly believe “Not Started” is a good sign. It was also “Not Started” right before LPP was cleared.

Reactions: dipantika

LES1910

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Yeah at least it seems the Miss office are doing something with this backlog of reschedules they have, even if it's just organizing them or putting them back in a line - because it truly seems they've done not a lot with them for the whole year.

Original ceremony date was April 15th for me.

Reactions: violetelegance