Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2012
LANDED..........
28-06-2012
mine took about two months in the fall, this was through MB/SK office.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Sorry to hear your story.

Many people have mentioned that "NOTICE TO APPEAR" on Citizenship ceremony is NOT an invitation. The applicant MUST attend that ceremony to get your citizenship. Unless you have a valid reason of not being able to attend, IRCC may not change the location/date of your ceremony. A reasonable person would not consider living in BC is a valid reason, unless you have other reasons (like serious sickness, with proof). You may have lost your opportunity. I would suggest you consult with a lawyer.

Anyway, good luck and hope the best for you.
What a ridiculous answer.

Of course having moved to a different province, thousand of KMs away, is a good reason. Especially given that he had informed them of his address change accordingly.

No one would be expected to take such a trip to attend their oath ceremony. As you can see they did provide an answer and rescheduled him for a video ceremony as expected.

There was definitely NO need to consult with a lawyer.

Reactions: IPULL and sam3218
Feb 28, 2023
Does anyone here rescheduled their oath ceremony?
Mine was supposed to be on November 2nd but the location was in Ontario. I have moved to BC since last year and updated my address accordingly.

I sent an email to get an online ceremony or a location change as soon as received the invitation but it’s been a month now and I haven’t heard anything back.

Wondering what the timeline is on cases like these.
Hello,
I read your case and I am facing the exact same situation. I live in Calgary and got in person oath invitation from Mississauga. It was in March 7. Needless to say I missed it and sent them emails and raised web form as well. What do you suggest now, what else can I do to receive any response from them. How long it took them to reschedule your oath ceremony and was it virtual or in person at different location. Can you also share your timeline.

blogger100

Dec 3, 2012
Sao Paulo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
20/10/2017 - PCC
AOR Received.
06/10/2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
13/10/2017
I am on the same boat. I received end of January the Oath ceremony invitation while I was already outside Canada visiting family abroad. The email mentioned that because I was outside Canada I would be able to take the ceremony online 3 weeks later and a Zoom link. The Calgary office that was going to host the ceremony sent me an email less than a week from the ceremony saying that invitation had been sent in error and that I would have to wait to take the oath in-person in Canada. I've been back in Canada now for a week and made sure to send them a message letting them know, just waiting to get a new oath invitation again.

j9hamn1380

Nov 15, 2022
Hello All,
I was scheduled to take my oath of citizenship on 7 August and I missed it. I provided them evidence of why I am going to miss my ceremony. Now I am back in Canada and submitted my boarding pass. When can I expect a rescheduled date from Montreal office?

TIA.

j9hamn1380

Nov 15, 2022
I am on the same boat. I received end of January the Oath ceremony invitation while I was already outside Canada visiting family abroad. The email mentioned that because I was outside Canada I would be able to take the ceremony online 3 weeks later and a Zoom link. The Calgary office that was going to host the ceremony sent me an email less than a week from the ceremony saying that invitation had been sent in error and that I would have to wait to take the oath in-person in Canada. I've been back in Canada now for a week and made sure to send them a message letting them know, just waiting to get a new oath invitation again.
How long did it take for you to get rescheduled?

Miharbi

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Other
Still waiting, its been +5 months since I got back and sent them my boarding pass as proof of return

Miharbi

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Other
Yes, the only update i got over the phone was: we've received the proof of return please wait until your office schedules the date.

ujji

Jan 28, 2021
Yes, the only update i got over the phone was: we've received the proof of return please wait until your office schedules the date.
I'm in the same boat as you. I sent Mississauga Office, my proof of return but they still haven't rescheduled my ceremony

LES1910

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Same here - Miss office, proof of return sent in April and not a sign since. Sent a webform last week, haven't called or chased until now because so many people in the same situation im not concerned, just getting impatient lol. Will post if it comes back with anything useful.