+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rescheduling Oath Ceremony

rajesh amin

Nov 8, 2023
hi
i have just received the email confirmation yesterday on 07 nov, 2023 that my oath is on 20th nov, 2023 but i already book my tickets for my vacation which is from this Saturday 11th nov, 2023. I have already email them as per the instruction to reschedule my appointment but i havent got any confirmation upto now what should i do. How would i know they have recieved my email and they are going to rescheduling my oath ceremony. or is their any other way to contact them apart from emails.
thank you in advance for the help

nonhill

Apr 20, 2017
hi
i have just received the email confirmation yesterday on 07 nov, 2023 that my oath is on 20th nov, 2023 but i already book my tickets for my vacation which is from this Saturday 11th nov, 2023. I have already email them as per the instruction to reschedule my appointment but i havent got any confirmation upto now what should i do. How would i know they have recieved my email and they are going to rescheduling my oath ceremony. or is their any other way to contact them apart from emails.
thank you in advance for the help
Which office are you in? I also sent an email for reschedule and notify them my return date. They have replied to me to confirm the cancellation of current ceremony and will reschedule upon my return.

rajesh amin

Nov 8, 2023
Which office are you in? I also sent an email for reschedule and notify them my return date. They have replied to me to confirm the cancellation of current ceremony and will reschedule upon my return.
can you please tell me where should i call or how to applied it please so i can get it done as soon as possible before i go on vacation
thank you

SMNewMember

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
I am in the Same boat. Niagara Office. Was anyone able to Re-schedule?
My ceremony was on 14th Nov and i requested for a re-schedule as i am outside of Canada. The only reply I got was for additional documentation supporting my request, but nothing after that. Niagara office.

binga777

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
So after your provided documentation there was No response?
My ceremony was on 14th Nov and i requested for a re-schedule as i am outside of Canada. The only reply I got was for additional documentation supporting my request, but nothing after that. Niagara office.

SMNewMember

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
So after your provided documentation there was No response?
Yes they did respond a week after my oath date that they saw my reasons for missing and they dont agree with the reasons. However they will accommodate my return and re-schedule, but that will be the FINAL notice. My oath status changed from In Progress to Not started same day i received that email.

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016
how long after you sent the email for rescheduling it took that you got an response from them? a couple of days ? weeks?

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Folks, my wife could not appear for her oath ceremony with her father's demise. She is now back in Canada and sent a request to CIC for a new Oath date. I see that the tracker has been updated - Oath has been reset to NOT STARTED and BG which was COMPLETED has been reset to IN PROGRESS. Anyone experienced this with BG reset ? Could this be a long wait from here on ?

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016
Yes they did respond a week after my oath date that they saw my reasons for missing and they dont agree with the reasons. However they will accommodate my return and re-schedule, but that will be the FINAL notice. My oath status changed from In Progress to Not started same day i received that email.
when did you finally did your oath ceremony ?

Esiidikg

Feb 9, 2024
when did you finally did your oath ceremony ?
Hello guys,I passed my citizenship test on February 5th 2023, but I have not received any update on my ceremony. It's been about 19 months now. this is normal?

The last update was October 27/2023

• Language skills

Completed

• Physical presence

Completed

• Citizenship test

Completed

• Background verification

Completed

• Prohibitions

Completed

• Citizenship ceremony.

Not started

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016
Hello guys,I passed my citizenship test on February 5th 2023, but I have not received any update on my ceremony. It's been about 19 months now. this is normal?

The last update was October 27/2023

• Language skills

Completed

• Physical presence

Completed

• Citizenship test

Completed

• Background verification

Completed

• Prohibitions

Completed

• Citizenship ceremony.

Not started
which office?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
What do you mean Which office?!
Not York Toronto Ontario
Your test email address has the acronym of your processing office. If you are able to find it, get the oath invite email address of it from this forum and request an update about your oath.