+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rescheduling oath ceremony - how many times?

marika89

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
So, is there amount how many times you can reschedule the oath ceremony? I cannot find any information regarding this on their website. The invitation letter only says to contact them if you can't attend on the date provided and they will reschedule.
I have rescheduled already once and just got new invitation for March 28th. I do have a legit reason why I am not able to attend but how many times they allow to change the date before they will start asking questions?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
So, is there amount how many times you can reschedule the oath ceremony? I cannot find any information regarding this on their website. The invitation letter only says to contact them if you can't attend on the date provided and they will reschedule.
I have rescheduled already once and just got new invitation for March 28th. I do have a legit reason why I am not able to attend but how many times they allow to change the date before they will start asking questions?
If no precedent / guidelines exist, your guess is as good as any one else’s.
Chances are this is a high risk for abandonment. Please do keep us posted on how it goes.

marika89

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
I highly doubt abandonment. Every time I have asked anything here people give the worst possible outcome what could be. I actually have never met any issues with my previous PR application and now nothing with citizenship application. Everything has gone fast and smoothly. It has to be with applicants history, error in the application, name, home county or something why their applications get stuck or "abandoned" just like that.
The invitation said that the oath can be rescheduled if can not attend on the date they provided. I was just wondering if there is any guideline for how many times it can be done?
Or anyone who has rescheduled the oath more than twice?

Reactions: hamgha

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
I highly doubt abandonment. Every time I have asked anything here people give the worst possible outcome what could be. I actually have never met any issues with my previous PR application and now nothing with citizenship application. Everything has gone fast and smoothly. It has to be with applicants history, error in the application, name, home county or something why their applications get stuck or "abandoned" just like that.
The invitation said that the oath can be rescheduled if can not attend on the date they provided. I was just wondering if there is any guideline for how many times it can be done?
Or anyone who has rescheduled the oath more than twice?
The oath invitation says if you are unable to attend, please let us know etc etc. It also says if your reason is not acceptable you will be given a final notice to appear. Since you have already postponed once, the risk of receiving a final notice becomes higher.
On a public forum like this, without any of us working for IRCC, in absence of published guidelines, people will give you answers that they feel are likely outcomes.
If you already have an answer in mind and looking to validate it, you may not necessarily find it.
Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

Reactions: Dreamlad

marika89

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
I don't have anything about the "if your reason is not acceptable you will be given a final notice to appear". Only "if you cannot take the oath at this date and time, send a message to this e-mail address as soon as you
receive this invitation in order that we reschedule your ceremony"
Are the invitations different for some people?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
I don't have anything about the "if your reason is not acceptable you will be given a final notice to appear". Only "if you cannot take the oath at this date and time, send a message to this e-mail address as soon as you
receive this invitation in order that we reschedule your ceremony"
Are the invitations different for some people?
Could be different offices. I’ve seen a Mississauga invitation for oath which says this. It appears in the pdf but not on the email message.

Last edited:

G D Sh

Sep 22, 2022
Hi Marika89,
What happened with your rescheduling? DId you make the request more than once or twice? I am in a similar situation and wondering about the repercussions if any. Thanks.

psh789

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Hi all,
I had to travel as well and informed them well in advance about my situation. Ofcourse my bad luck that I received oath invite while outside of Canada and had to reschedule but then got another invite few days later while I was still away which did not make sense since I clearly specified my travel dates. So had to reschedule twice. But its been few months that I havent heard back from them so am in the se situation as yours. Can you tell me if you received an invite?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Well lets just say that if they send you a “final” oath notice you better attend that one
Or they may reject/close yiur file and then may need to reapply citizenship and pay fees again
Just do the oath and get it over with.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
had mine this morning, took less than 90 minutes, any chance you can just manage it and get it over with? would be a shame to risk it