+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rescheduling Missed Citizenship Test in Vancouver Office - Any Experiences?

mojojojo

Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Earlier this year CIC Vancouver mailed the notification to show up for the citizenship test to my old mailing address - I was scheduled for the beginning of JUNE. I found out about the test too late via ECAs (my mail forwarding didn't pick this nifty piece of mail) and missed it.

Apparently they failed to do some internal update so my address change didn't kick in until I phone to complain about the notice mailed to the wrong address.

Can anyone share experiences or timelines for missing the first test? Better if it's with the Vancouver office - even some officers at the phone centre sound a bit surprise about the delay...

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mojojojo said:
Earlier this year CIC Vancouver mailed the notification to show up for the citizenship test to my old mailing address - I was scheduled for the beginning of JUNE. I found out about the test too late via ECAs (my mail forwarding didn't pick this nifty piece of mail) and missed it.

Apparently they failed to do some internal update so my address change didn't kick in until I phone to complain about the notice mailed to the wrong address.

Can anyone share experiences or timelines for missing the first test? Better if it's with the Vancouver office - even some officers at the phone centre sound a bit surprise about the delay...

Thanks!
You better read this Operational Bulletin http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob476B.asp

specifically

New Procedures – Administrative closure of applications

Effective September 3, 2013, applicants will be sent one test/interview notice. If the applicant does not show up at the appointed place and time, and fails to provide an acceptable reason for this absence, their application will be administratively closed.

The citizenship test/interview notice has been amended accordingly and is to be used from this point forward.

The amended test/interview notice informs applicants that they have 60 days from the date of the first appointment to provide CIC with an acceptable reason for failing to attend. If an acceptable reason is not provided within 60 days, the applicant is to be mailed the attached final notice letter. It serves as a last reminder for the applicant to contact CIC if they have an acceptable reason for failing to attend their test/interview. This notice gives the applicant 30 days to do so. Once the 30-day period has elapsed, and no response has been provided, the application is to be closed immediately in GCMS.

mojojojo

Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the heads up with this. I'll contact CIC to make sure this is not my case.

I've been calling every few weeks to make sure everything is okay - and they have not brought this up. (I've called because when I changed my address, even after calling a few times to make sure all was good, even after I was told the address had been changed, they ended sending the letter to the wrong address 6 months after I changed the address online.)

My first test request was sent in MAY inviting me for JUNE, I shouldn't fall under these new rules, right? Still, it's strange so much time has passed...

CIC phone agents say the office is aware of the situation... that's as fart as they say.

I'll update if something changes.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mojojojo said:
CIC phone agents say the office is aware of the situation... that's as fart :p :p :p as they say.
I'll update if something changes.
even though you didn't intend any pun from your comment above, I will have to say to a great extent this typo is true. Whatever they say is no significant than a flatulence when they keep changing their words, not able to maintain their system and cannot coherently execute a simple application. LOL!

mojojojo

Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rescheduled for Dec 5th - Yay! - 6 months between the original (missed) date and the reschedule.

tstarks

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
16-01-2011
Interview........
10-12-2012
mojojojo said:
Rescheduled for Dec 5th - Yay! - 6 months between the original (missed) date and the reschedule.
Congrats and Good luck!