+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reschedule Video Oath ceremony-Citizenship

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020

Prabby

Dec 19, 2021
That person said in a comment above that a new date was set a few days after sending a message via the WebForm (which was filled out and sent to IRCC a few days after he/she sent the email and got no response).

In my case, it's been 12 days since I've sent them an email (IRCC.DN-CITIZENSHIP-CEREMONIES-RN-CITOYENNETE-CEREMONIES.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) and got no response (apart from that automatic response). I've also filled out the WebForm and got no response either. My Oath is still scheduled for December 15 even though I won't be able to attend it.
Exact scenario here.

My ceremony was on Dec 15th, 2021. I was in India and let them know that I will be back in March. Fingers crossed

Reactions: andrews.juchem

quadmachine

Aug 29, 2017
Exact scenario here.

My ceremony was on Dec 15th, 2021. I was in India and let them know that I will be back in March. Fingers crossed
If you received an auto-reply to your inquiry, then there is nothing to worry about. They will get back to you within a few months.

Hamilton44

Dec 20, 2021
A stupid question though, how do they know you're outside Canada thru online oath ceremony? Do they check your IP or something?

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
A stupid question though, how do they know you're outside Canada thru online oath ceremony? Do they check your IP or something?
I don't think they check your IP. The problem is that you need to cut up your PR card in front of the camera, so you won't be able to come back to Canada.

Hamilton44

Dec 20, 2021
I don't think they check your IP. The problem is that you need to cut up your PR card in front of the camera, so you won't be able to come back to Canada.
Ok but can we not apply for Canadian passport from outside of country so we could come back later? Bear with my naivety lol.

matthias_wlkp

Jun 28, 2015
To make the passport you need the Certificate of Citizenship. Technically you can request a duplicate through the embassy, but processing times are at least 12 months for that...

Application2019

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I Missed my Oath ceremony 6th Jan 2021 due to out of country. I informed through email. That time they reply me once i come back than send my boarding pass.
I send them my complete documents on May 2021 and still waiting for the date.
Yesterday i checked my online status and after 8 months, it was updated Background Check INPROGRESS. But before it mentioned that Background complete.

I am too much worry about this matter.
Please give me some information about my current situation. Is it Normal ?

Thankyou in advance for the rely

ac_2018

Nov 13, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I Missed my Oath ceremony 6th Jan 2021 due to out of country. I informed through email. That time they reply me once i come back than send my boarding pass.
I send them my complete documents on May 2021 and still waiting for the date.
Yesterday i checked my online status and after 8 months, it was updated Background Check INPROGRESS. But before it mentioned that Background complete.

I am too much worry about this matter.
Please give me some information about my current situation. Is it Normal ?

Thankyou in advance for the rely
I think you should email them and send them web form to check the status.

Application2019

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
I think you should email them and send them web form to check the status.
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I send 3 times webform and also emails 3 times.
On 7th Jan 2022, my status mentioned Background Check IN PROGRESS but before it mentioned every thing is completed. thatswhy i am worry what happened?
I never made a fingerprint. i just missed the Oath Ceremony and wait for the last more than 8 months.

How long the Background check validity?

Is any one in the same situation?

Thankyou in advance for the reply

legend_2020

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
I have missed NOV 24 Oath 2021 ceremony due to travelling . still waiting for reschedule date? anyone has idea how long it will take these days for reschedule.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I send 3 times webform and also emails 3 times.
On 7th Jan 2022, my status mentioned Background Check IN PROGRESS but before it mentioned every thing is completed. thatswhy i am worry what happened?
I never made a fingerprint. i just missed the Oath Ceremony and wait for the last more than 8 months.

How long the Background check validity?

Is any one in the same situation?

Thankyou in advance for the reply
Background check comprises of few parts - one of them being Criminality checks which have a validity of 1 year only from the last time they completed it. Since you are not a Citizen yet, they have to redo your Criminality if it has become invalid. That might have caused your Background to go to In Process briefly.

Application2019

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
Background check comprises of few parts - one of them being Criminality checks which have a validity of 1 year only from the last time they completed it. Since you are not a Citizen yet, they have to redo your Criminality if it has become invalid. That might have caused your Background to go to In Process briefly.
Thankyou for the reply. On 17th Jan 2022, Now all the steps have completed again except the Oath ceremony. And once you check on the old application status check website it is mentioned Decession Made again.
Now it's mean that my Oath Ceremony is scheduled very soon. Please comment your observation. Thank you in advance for your cooperation

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Thankyou for the reply. On 17th Jan 2022, Now all the steps have completed again except the Oath ceremony. And once you check on the old application status check website it is mentioned Decession Made again.
Now it's mean that my Oath Ceremony is scheduled very soon. Please comment your observation. Thank you in advance for your cooperation
The next logical step after DM is the Oath Ceremony. However, one cannot predict when that will be scheduled. I have seen people easily waiting for a year after DM. Mostly the trend is between 2-6 months.

nasir_7761

Nov 5, 2016
My initial ceremony date was in September which I missed. I emailed them a few days before it to reschedule but my request did not reach them. I emailed again in October and this time I received an automatic reply. I waited until last week when I realized that in the automatic reply email, I was asked to fill a webform with my reschedule request. I filled the webform and attached my barding passes with it. After a few days, my status was updated with the ceremony scheduled in December.

I am just waiting to receive the invitation email.
Hello and congrats as you must already be a Canadian!
I am in the same situation! I was scheduled for August 10th for online oath ceremony along with my wife but wasn’t able to attend it as I am out of Canada. I emailed the same email address (as it’s same for the Edmonton too) and got an automated reply. Also filled the web form but didn’t attach any docs like ticket or boarding pass but only mentioned my date of return which is in oct this year.
My question is that did they ask you for any specific document or any valid reason for not being available for oath? Which boarding pass did you attach departure or return? I haven’t heard back from them yet and will again try the web form but this time wanted to add docs and add a proper explanation.. plz help