+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reschedule Video Oath ceremony-Citizenship

ac_2018

Nov 13, 2018
My daughter received her oath invite in less than 2-week's time and she's studying in the US and can't make it back on time. She emailed IRCC and they asked her to email them when she's back in Canada. She then gave them her winter break schedule and request that her Oath be done during that time, but hasn't heard back from them. Her winter break is only one month, and it may be difficult to travel back in Canada when spring term starts. I'd like to ask others in the same situation that will IRCC give a specific time frame request for the video oath? Thank you.

zerihun

May 16, 2014
My citizenship ceremony was on august 3 2021
I send an email to reschedule on august 2, 2021
I have been waiting till today no one getting back to me again.
I am wondering to know how long will take to getting me back

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
I really doubt you can take the citizenship oath outside of canada - as you are expected to cut your PR card which is the card you need to enter Canada or apply for a PRTD. Applying for a new Canadian passport outside of canada will be a hassle as you have to find a guarantor or then take the other steps.
This is just a small point, but if you are outside Canada and you have already been granted citizenship (lets say you took the oath and then cut your PR card and then left Canada), you are still eligible for entry to Canada regardless of whether you have yet physically received your citizenship certificate and/or first passport. If you have a passport from a 'visa exempt' country and you've taken the oath, then you are eligible to apply for "special authorization" to enter Canada, and it only takes a matter of days to get approved. If you're not visa exempt, there isn't a short-term easy way to get back in, but you're still a Canadian citizen so you are still entitled to enter, you just might have to jump through some hoops with your local consulate.

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
My citizenship ceremony was on august 3 2021
I send an email to reschedule on august 2, 2021
I have been waiting till today no one getting back to me again.
I am wondering to know how long will take to getting me back
Rescheduling happens after 6-8 months AFTER your original ceremony date. I would expect something between late January to March 2022 for you. Good luck!

Reactions: zerihun

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Rescheduling happens after 6-8 months AFTER your original ceremony date. I would expect something between late January to March 2022 for you. Good luck!
Do you have a source for these estimates? IRCC do specifically say to let them know if you'll be back in the country in less than the 6month hold time, implying that they will schedule at the soonest opportunity as long as you let them know in good time.

Reactions: andrews.juchem

quadmachine

Aug 29, 2017
My initial ceremony date was in September which I missed. I emailed them a few days before it to reschedule but my request did not reach them. I emailed again in October and this time I received an automatic reply. I waited until last week when I realized that in the automatic reply email, I was asked to fill a webform with my reschedule request. I filled the webform and attached my barding passes with it. After a few days, my status was updated with the ceremony scheduled in December.

I am just waiting to receive the invitation email.

quadmachine

Aug 29, 2017
Received the invitation today
My initial ceremony date was in September which I missed. I emailed them a few days before it to reschedule but my request did not reach them. I emailed again in October and this time I received an automatic reply. I waited until last week when I realized that in the automatic reply email, I was asked to fill a webform with my reschedule request. I filled the webform and attached my barding passes with it. After a few days, my status was updated with the ceremony scheduled in December.

I am just waiting to receive the invitation email.
I received the invitation today.

quadmachine

Aug 29, 2017
Congratulations! Is the webform a specific webform for ceremony rescheduling or the generic webform for all immigration/citizenship matters? Also which IRCC office are you with?
not sure if it is a specific one, but the link was provided to me in the auto-reply email.
I applied from from Calgary.

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
not sure if it is a specific one, but the link was provided to me in the auto-reply email.
I applied from from Calgary.
My application is also being processed in Calgary. I've sent them an email asking them to reschedule my Oath and have got no response. I will try the WebForm as you did. However, the automatic response that I've got doesn't ask me to fill out the WebForm. It says that I can use the WebForm as a contact option, but nothing specifically about rescheduling the Oath.

Out of curiosity, did you initially send a message to IRCC.DN-CITIZENSHIP-CEREMONIES-RN-CITOYENNETE-CEREMONIES.IRCC@cic.gc.ca? In my Oath invitation, the contact email was this one specific for ceremonies, and not the typical Calgary office one (cic-calgary-citizenship@cic.gc.ca).

Below is the automatic reply I've received:
THIS IS AN AUTOMATIC REPLY.
PLEASE READ ENTIRE EMAIL FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.

You have reached the IRCC.DN-CITIZENSHIP-CEREMONIES-RN-CITOYENNETE-CEREMONIES.IRCC@cic.gc.ca inbox.
You will NOT receive a response to your enquiry via this email. A decision/response to your request will be added to your file within 3 business days of receipt. At that time, you must contact the Client Support Centre for further information.

If you are submitting documents or additional information to our office, we will not confirm receipt of these documents unless further follow-up is required.

IMPORTANT: Please be sure to identify yourself when in contact with us, include your Name, Application Number and/or Client ID Number (UCI) in your email in order for our office to process your request accordingly. Any emails from the public without these details may experience delays, or their request will not be actioned.

Client Support Centre contact options :
· Web form
· Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
· Automated telephone service - available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
· Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm (your local time) except for statutory holidays.

We assure you that the Ceremony Citizenship team is working diligently to ensure all applications are processed on a first come first served basis. Due to the limitations caused by COVID-19 this past year, our processing times have increased, for this we are truly sorry and thank you for your patience.

NOTICE: in the interest of public safety, ALL in-person Citizenship Tests/Interviews, Appointments and Ceremonies have been cancelled until further notice.

Regards,
Ceremony Citizenship Unit, Domestic Network
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

quadmachine

Aug 29, 2017
My application is also being processed in Calgary. I've sent them an email asking them to reschedule my Oath and have got no response. I will try the WebForm as you did. However, the automatic response that I've got doesn't ask me to fill out the WebForm. It says that I can use the WebForm as a contact option, but nothing specifically about rescheduling the Oath.

Out of curiosity, did you initially send a message to IRCC.DN-CITIZENSHIP-CEREMONIES-RN-CITOYENNETE-CEREMONIES.IRCC@cic.gc.ca? In my Oath invitation, the contact email was this one specific for ceremonies, and not the typical Calgary office one (cic-calgary-citizenship@cic.gc.ca).

Below is the automatic reply I've received:
THIS IS AN AUTOMATIC REPLY.
PLEASE READ ENTIRE EMAIL FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.

You have reached the IRCC.DN-CITIZENSHIP-CEREMONIES-RN-CITOYENNETE-CEREMONIES.IRCC@cic.gc.ca inbox.
You will NOT receive a response to your enquiry via this email. A decision/response to your request will be added to your file within 3 business days of receipt. At that time, you must contact the Client Support Centre for further information.

If you are submitting documents or additional information to our office, we will not confirm receipt of these documents unless further follow-up is required.

IMPORTANT: Please be sure to identify yourself when in contact with us, include your Name, Application Number and/or Client ID Number (UCI) in your email in order for our office to process your request accordingly. Any emails from the public without these details may experience delays, or their request will not be actioned.

Client Support Centre contact options :
· Web form
· Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
· Automated telephone service - available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
· Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm (your local time) except for statutory holidays.

We assure you that the Ceremony Citizenship team is working diligently to ensure all applications are processed on a first come first served basis. Due to the limitations caused by COVID-19 this past year, our processing times have increased, for this we are truly sorry and thank you for your patience.

NOTICE: in the interest of public safety, ALL in-person Citizenship Tests/Interviews, Appointments and Ceremonies have been cancelled until further notice.

Regards,
Ceremony Citizenship Unit, Domestic Network
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
I emailed IRCC.DN-CITIZENSHIP-CEREMONIES-RN-CITOYENNETE-CEREMONIES.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Any status change after sending to this ceremony specific email?
That person said in a comment above that a new date was set a few days after sending a message via the WebForm (which was filled out and sent to IRCC a few days after he/she sent the email and got no response).

In my case, it's been 12 days since I've sent them an email (IRCC.DN-CITIZENSHIP-CEREMONIES-RN-CITOYENNETE-CEREMONIES.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) and got no response (apart from that automatic response). I've also filled out the WebForm and got no response either. My Oath is still scheduled for December 15 even though I won't be able to attend it.