+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reschedule Landing Interview for PR.

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Hi all ,
I got DM last month and recently the Pr interview end of next week.
I answered back to the email that they send me with the date of interview as its says there ”Please do not reply to this email unless you cannot attend your scheduled interview due to a personal, family or medical emergency” requesting to reschedule since I am and gonna be out of Canada for a month due family reason.
I haven”t heard from them yet.
Anyone have experienced this ?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi all ,
I answered back to the email that they send me with the date of interview as its says there ”Please do not reply to this email unless you cannot attend your scheduled interview due to a personal, family or medical emergency” requesting to reschedule since I am and gonna be out of Canada for a month due family reason.
Is the reason a family emergency? If not, they may not reschedule.

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Is the reason a family emergency? If not, they may not reschedule.
A family member has past away in February this year and I could not attend the funeral since cannot go to your origin country,and now just got together in other country . I do not know if this still could be used as emergency.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
A family member has past away in February this year and I could not attend the funeral since cannot go to your origin country,and now just got together in other country . I do not know if this still could be used as emergency.
Thats not an emergency the person has been dead for 5 Months.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Unless your culture has a 4 months long “funeral” or mourning type scenario, this is definitely not an emergency.

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Unless your culture has a 4 months long “funeral” or mourning type scenario, this is definitely not an emergency.
Well, can't plan everything within a month, neither getting Travel document within a month. Thank you guys for your opinions.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Well, can't plan everything within a month, neither getting Travel document within a month. Thank you guys for your opinions.
As an asylum seeker (and soon to be PR), that is one of the things you knew you would be giving up. I get you. Was just answering your question if this is an emergency or not.

Reactions: RefugeeHelp1

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
This isn't an emergency, but you never know. Ask IRCC for an extension and see what they say.

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
Hi all ,
Don't worry you'll get your appointment postponed. As long as you sent them an email explaining your situation, i.e. you'll be outside the country for family reasons, you'll be fine. IRCC is infamous for replying to emails in a timely manner.

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Don't worry you'll get your appointment postponed. As long as you sent them an email explaining your situation, i.e. you'll be outside the country for family reasons, you'll be fine. IRCC is infamous for replying to emails in a timely manner.
I did not get any answer and thing is I dont know what to do, buy another ticket and come back for interview ,but same time time I might show up for interview then I am gonna be told there ” why did you come if your interview has been changed ?”
not possible to contact them if you outside Canada, as they do not answer emails neither can be transfered by phone.

Shammy7

Aug 23, 2019
Hi all,

I got interview date on 26th september and i am out of canada

I dont know what to do, can anyone help me if anybody has experienced?

kelvincky

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Hi all,

I got interview date on 26th september and i am out of canada

I dont know what to do, can anyone help me if anybody has experienced?
Just email them back saying you are unable to attend, please re-schedule. I only said I will be out of town. It was rescheduled about 10 days after and I got my PR already.

Shammy7

Aug 23, 2019
Dear kel
[QUkel="kelvincky, post: 8181900, member: 845150"]Just email them back saying you are unable to attend, please re-schedule. I only said I will be out of town. It was rescheduled about 10 days after and I got my PR already.[/QUOTE]

Dear kelvincky,

Today is 20th sept, then saturday and sunday
( office closed)

And i need to fly latest by 24th september, if they dont reply. So i just have 23rd september to take decision.

After how many days you got reply from them?

Pease

Just email them back saying you are unable to attend, please re-schedule. I only said I will be out of town. It was rescheduled about 10 days after and I got my PR already.