+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reschedule Citizenship Oath Ceremony

dan403

Nov 28, 2017
Ontario
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had rescheduled their oath ceremony. I just took my citizenship test and interview and the officer told me that the oath is expected in the next few months. However, I already have travel plans in the next few months going abroad for something quite important. They told me to write a letter requesting a reschedule.

I wanted to know if someone else had rescheduled their oath ceremony and if it does not substantially delay the citizenship process or cause some other kind of problems. I don't want to be in a situation where my application is harmed if I sent in a request letter.
Regards,
Dan

Cyril_mtl

Aug 27, 2018
my test to oath was 4 months, and I had to reschedule it, and my new oath date was 2 months after the initial date.
Montreal office is pretty busy with long delay !

Reactions: Omaro91

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
my test to oath was 4 months, and I had to reschedule it, and my new oath date was 2 months after the initial date.
Montreal office is pretty busy with long delay !
Hi , did you give them a reason with your request , why you were rescheduling?

Last edited:

Cyril_mtl

Aug 27, 2018
Hi , can you post about rescheduling;
1.did you apply by webform?
2.exactly when did you apply for rescheduling i.e. how many days after your received your first oath letter?
3.Did they acknowledge your rescheduling request or did they straight away send you a new date?
4. and when you received the new date ?

thanks
First it was my mistake, I miss the date of the ceremony,
I wrote to them immediatly responding to the original oath letter and also
using the CIS webform.
I wrote to then on the original date when I discover that I missed the original appointment.
Outside of an automatic answer email I didn't get any response. The CIS web was still reporting the old ceremony date.
I contacted them on phone after a few weeks, but you can't get more info that what is on the CIS web.
But they were able to tell me that my email was receive and I was going to get a new date, I had to wait until I receive a new convocation.
I don't remember exactly but I got the new convocation 2 or 3 weeks before the new date.

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
First it was my mistake, I miss the date of the ceremony,
I wrote to them immediatly responding to the original oath letter and also
using the CIS webform.
I wrote to then on the original date when I discover that I missed the original appointment.
Outside of an automatic answer email I didn't get any response. The CIS web was still reporting the old ceremony date.
I contacted them on phone after a few weeks, but you can't get more info that what is on the CIS web.
But they were able to tell me that my email was receive and I was going to get a new date, I had to wait until I receive a new convocation.
I don't remember exactly but I got the new convocation 2 or 3 weeks before the new date.
thanks for the reply.
did you tell them you forgot to attend when you wrote for rescheduling? OR did you give them another reason?
Because they expect a reason.