+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Requirements ( work/education) for Live-In Caregiver

Cindy2010

Mar 17, 2010
If my candidate only has experience working as a caregiver/babysitter in her own country and references from these families, is this enough to satisfy the CIC officers? She doesn't have a relevant education, but took care of kids for a couple years in various families. I am worried that CIC would deny the work visa as it's too easy to get a friend to lie and say they worked for them etc...any thoughts? Is it better to find someone who has the education plus experience as a more "legit" caregiver such as kindgerdarden teacher or nurse etc....

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Reference letters may not be enough. Contract of employment, proof of receiving salary (supported by tax returns, the applicant's); if the experience is from the app's country, especially a country not known to get caregivers, then she might have difficulty proving that it is a legitimate paid work experience. 6 months caregiving course plus an educational attainment equivalent to that of Canadian secondary; candidate does not have to be a teacher or a nurse.

Cindy2010 said:
If my candidate only has experience working as a caregiver/babysitter in her own country and references from these families, is this enough to satisfy the CIC officers? She doesn't have a relevant education, but took care of kids for a couple years in various families. I am worried that CIC would deny the work visa as it's too easy to get a friend to lie and say they worked for them etc...any thoughts? Is it better to find someone who has the education plus experience as a more "legit" caregiver such as kindgerdarden teacher or nurse etc....

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
exactly if you wish to hire this caregiver..you can send him/her to caregiver school for 6 months while processing your request at the service canada for LMO (labor market opinion)

Windrider

Apr 16, 2011
Guelph, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"At least six months' training or at least one year of full-time paid work experience as a caregiver or in a related field or occupation (including six months with one employer) in the past three years" from CIC website

I had childcare experience only and CIC accepted my references without any problem. The families wrote how long I worked for them, how many hours I worked daily or weekly, what was my job, how many children I took care.

vberry

Jul 2, 2011
@windrider: Did you provide these letter in English or your native language? what else did you include to prove your experience?
Do you have a template for your letter?
Also what did you prove to show you speak english?
Thank you!!!!