+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Requirements for work permit?

Atinderpalsingh

Jul 29, 2013
hi m Atinderpal singh from Punjab, india

i am diploma Engineer ( 3yrs Computer Science enginnering )
my Age is 22
i currently running my own bussiness in web designing
but now i want to work in canada
can i apply for work permit?
if yes tell me whole procedure
and what are requriements for work permit ( Bank balance, education, work experiance etc)
thnxx

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - you can't apply for a work permit as of now.

To qualify to apply for a work permit, you must first find an employer in Canada who is willing to offer you a job in Canada. That employer must then obtain an approved Labour Market Opinion (LMO). Once you have the job offer and approved LMO, you can then apply for a work permit.

Atinderpalsingh

Jul 29, 2013
if i managed to get Job letter then how much possiblity of Success in my case ?
is there any minimun work experiance required?
and how many IELTS Bands Required In my case?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Atinderpalsingh said:
if i managed to get Job letter then how much possiblity of Success in my case ?
is there any minimun work experiance required?
and how many IELTS Bands Required In my case?
You didn't get the requirements right. First some one (employer) needs to offer you a job. Then they would apply for LMO to government of Canada on your behalf (unless your profession is LMO exempt). This involves paying some fee to Govt. of Canada and proving that they were not able to find a suitable replacement of yours. This also includes the employer having posted the job publicly for some time. Once all this is done and you receive the LMO through your employer, you would apply for the work permit at your local embassy. The embassy does evaluate your profile against the job you are going for. It is possible that if your credentials and experience doesn't exactly match with the job you are going for, the embassy could still refuse a visa. However, there is no strict criteria of minimum experience in terms of number of years.

IELTS depends on case to case. If you are going for a low skilled job or a job involving public dealing, you might be required by the embassy to do so. However, if your experience has been in a skilled job which clearly shows your english abilities i.e. those experiences could not have been acquired without maintaining a certain level of english, then you wouldn't need IELTS.