+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Required documents

Mar 20, 2015
Its mentioned everywhere to be proactive and start preparing document before ITA.
Could you share list of document here and any reccomendation about any special document like fund proofs.

I personally need info about the fund proof documents.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

Mar 20, 2015
Thanks for sharing link but I gone through that already.
It mentions how much fund is needed but not how to prove it. Personally speaking I am not having that much money in bank account but have power of attorney of land I bought. So would it b acceptable?

imranbandeali

Mar 16, 2015
DO we have to scan the passport and pcc now before recieving ITA ... If yes where do we upload them . and there is no where they are asking for a Birth certificate from muncipal ... do we really need it

toben

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Upload documents after you got ITA.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Mar 20, 2015
Birth certificate is mandatory to have as per people migrated to Canada before.

I strongly believe, it would be required for express entry as well..

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
imranbandeali said:
DO we have to scan the passport and pcc now before recieving ITA ... If yes where do we upload them . and there is no where they are asking for a Birth certificate from muncipal ... do we really need it
Birth Certificate isn't required for Express Entry for Primary applicant and spouse. However, in case of kids it's needed.
But as lovecanada1988 says it is better you have it just in case they request the doc in future.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
lovecanada1988 said:
Thanks for sharing link but I gone through that already.
It mentions how much fund is needed but not how to prove it. Personally speaking I am not having that much money in bank account but have power of attorney of land I bought. So would it b acceptable?
No, you cannot use land. Has to be convertible monetary assets (IF you need to show proof of funds). Account statements are considered "proof."

Mar 20, 2015
That's a big concern then for me at least.
I never had more than 1 lac in my account (because m shopohlic).

Could you suggest a way in this case?

I can definetly ask my parents for help but they would be reluctant to transfer money. Can I show their money as mine, because I know in case of worst time, I can definitely use that money.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
lovecanada1988 said:
That's a big concern then for me at least.
I never had more than 1 lac in my account (because m shopohlic).

Could you suggest a way in this case?

I can definetly ask my parents for help but they would be reluctant to transfer money. Can I show their money as mine, because I know in case of worst time, I can definitely use that money.
You can sell your land. You can't borrow someone else's money as Proof of Funds. As for using your parents' money, you would have to have it deposited in your name, and and probably have an affidavit that the money is a gift, not a loan, and they do not expect you to pay them back.

Mar 20, 2015
Ooh that seems weird..

Congrats to all who got ITAs, I crossed my fingers as well because I am waiting at 380 points.

This proof of fund might give me unpleasant nights...

Mar 20, 2015
CIC site is mentioning below:
Bring as much money as you can to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier. Note, however, that Canadian customs regulations require you to declare if you are bringing more than C$10,000 into Canada. If you do not tell them, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

cash
documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).

Doest it mean a cheque of required amount will work for me?