+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

requesting IRCC to re-open or review!

Young Amigo

Dec 12, 2017
My application under express entry was rejected outright for being "incomplete" i.e absence of criminal record for a specific period before coming to Canada.
My situation is unique: I used to live in Hong Kong but travelled daily to Shenzhen, China for work and returned to Hong Kong the same day via mass transit railway, just like many Hong Kong residents commuting on a daily basis. Hence I reported my residential address in Hong Kong and employment address in Shenzhen, China. I did not initiate getting a police certificate from China but was expecting a requesting letter for police check in Hong Kong Police in view of my Hong Kong permanent residential status. I have on intention to omit or evade any checks at all!
The rejection is specifically about the the lack of police certificate covering the my employment period in Shenzhen. The immigration officers are apparently not aware of my unique and special circumstances!
Apart from re-applying again for invitation under Express Entry, could I ask IRCC to review or reconsider my case in order to re-open my application? I can always be willing to provide the police certificate from China or Hong Kong if needed.

Young Amigo

Dec 12, 2017
EscoBlades, many thanks for your reply.
One more question: my working holiday permit will expire end of this month. Can I apply for the extension of stay in Canada while awaiting the next round of invitation to re-apply under the Express Entry, falling into the "implied status? I am not sure about this cos my application was rejected for being incomplete. I'am worried I might be asked to leave Canada.
Grateful if you could enlighten me. Thanks again.