28-06-2015
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Hello,

I need some advice regarding my situation. I am curently 6 months pregnant today, I am a Canadian citizen but my husband is not. We applyed early this year for his PR and we got aproved from Quebec but the application is still processing( In Bucharest). He will probably not get his PR before I have to give birth, so I am trying to find a solution for him to be here on a tourist visa. Is there anyway that we could make a special request? I don't think is normal they are keeping the father away from the birth of his son. What should I do? Giving birth in Romania is not an option because I don't have medical insurance for that country. Can somebody please help and give me sojavascript:void(0);me advice? :'( :eek:

Thank you!!

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Re: request for tourist visa during pr process to be present at birth of wife

romancuta said:
Hello,

I need some advice regarding my situation. I am curently 6 months pregnant today, I am a Canadian citizen but my husband is not. We applyed early this year for his PR and we got aproved from Quebec but the application is still processing( In Bucharest). He will probably not get his PR before I have to give birth, so I am trying to find a solution for him to be here on a tourist visa. Is there anyway that we could make a special request? I don't think is normal they are keeping the father away from the birth of his son. What should I do? Giving birth in Romania is not an option because I don't have medical insurance for that country. Can somebody please help and give me sojavascript:void(0);me advice? :'( :eek:

The subject is extremely misleading...

Senior members can probably give you a better answer but to my knowledge as long as there are no other concerns (criminal or medical, over staying of visa in past etc) the visa is likely to be granted.

Thank you!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Your husband will need to apply for a tourist visa (TRV) to come and visit you in Canada. There is no special request process available. However you can certainly include a letter with the application explaining the reasons why you need your husband here as a visitor.

It's impossible for any of us to say whether he will be approved or not - and CIC does sometimes refuse spouses of Canadian citizens/PR. As part of the application, your husband should include proof that demonstrates he has strong ties to his home country.

Good luck.

romancuta

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-06-2015
File Transfer...
28-06-2015
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-02-2015
Interview........
N/A

scylla said:
Your husband will need to apply for a tourist visa (TRV) to come and visit you in Canada. There is no special request process available. However you can certainly include a letter with the application explaining the reasons why you need your husband here as a visitor.

It's impossible for any of us to say whether he will be approved or not - and CIC does sometimes refuse spouses of Canadian citizens/PR. As part of the application, your husband should include proof that demonstrates he has strong ties to his home country.

Good luck.
Thank you very much