+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Requesting citizenship certificate to be rushed?

ejg

Jan 17, 2022
Good news from me - my certificate arrived today. My oath was on Jan 19th so I am very happy it arrived so quickly, especially after the clerk said it was not possible for me to have it expedited. I just booked my flight so I have proof for the passport office. I do not have any medical proof of my mothers situation so I am hoping the flight is enough.

I filled in the form online about requesting a callback to make an in person appointment.

Hoping it goes smoothly, booking my flights made me super anxious.
Thank you for your update, and the share of positive news re: certificate.

I've not doubt passport will be just fine for you! Safe travels!

m11nk

Aug 14, 2014
Hey congratulations. I am in similar position, i have oath ceremony on feb 10th and i really have to travel around march 5th due to my father illness. How much time it took total for you for citizenship certificate to arrive?

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
Hey congratulations. I am in similar position, i have oath ceremony on feb 10th and i really have to travel around march 5th due to my father illness. How much time it took total for you for citizenship certificate to arrive?
Hello, sorry to read about your father.

My timeline:

19 Jan - Oath Ceremony
19 Jan - Emailed Signed Oath
20 Jan - Oath Status updated to Complete in tracker
21 Jan - Citizenship Application Closed in tracker
25 Jan - Certificate arrived by mail

It was very fast. Though I am located a 15 minute walk away from the office it was mailed from so I suspect that is why it was so quick.

Reactions: Omegabyte

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020

My timeline:

19 Jan - Oath Ceremony

It was very fast. Though I am located a 15 minute walk away from the office it was mailed from so I suspect that is why it was so quick.
Mississauga?

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015

My timeline:

19 Jan - Oath Ceremony

congrats, did they ask you to send a requisition after oath for expedited shipping for certificate?

Adeelsyed

Star Member
Aug 31, 2021
I asked the clerk today about expediting the certificate but she said as my travel was in more than 2 weeks it would not be possible. She said it was likely it will arrive before 2 weeks since I live so close to the office. I am crossing my fingers that it will arrive at the end of this month.
Please let us know once you receive your citizenship certificate. I am in the same boat. My citizenship ceremony is on Feb 23 and I have to travel on March 21. I am bit worried. So if they would have considered your request would they send you the certificate even earlier than 15 days?

ejg

Jan 17, 2022
CEREMONY & CERT
24 Jan - Oath Ceremony
24 Jan - Emailed Signed Oath
31 Jan - Citizenship Application Closed in tracker
3 Feb - Certificate arrived by mail (postman at door, not condo mailbox. Thankfully was working from home!)

PASSPORT
3 Feb - sent Service Canada E-request for call back for Express Passport in-person appt. Received same day. No appointment til the 9th. Advised to call back Monday and request an urgent.
7 Feb - lines open 7:30am eastern. Called for an urgent appt. They couldn’t make it on phone but emailed my local office (Vancouver)on my behalf.
10am pacific had call back for a 1pm appt.
NOTE- your guarantor and references need to be available via phone. All 3 were called before 2pm.
8 Feb - collected my passport
9 Feb - flying!

this was stressful, it has worked out. At times I wished postponed my Oath ceremony though!

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
CEREMONY & CERT
24 Jan - Oath Ceremony
24 Jan - Emailed Signed Oath
31 Jan - Citizenship Application Closed in tracker
3 Feb - Certificate arrived by mail (postman at door, not condo mailbox. Thankfully was working from home!)

PASSPORT
3 Feb - sent Service Canada E-request for call back for Express Passport in-person appt. Received same day. No appointment til the 9th. Advised to call back Monday and request an urgent.
7 Feb - lines open 7:30am eastern. Called for an urgent appt. They couldn’t make it on phone but emailed my local office (Vancouver)on my behalf.
10am pacific had call back for a 1pm appt.
NOTE- your guarantor and references need to be available via phone. All 3 were called before 2pm.
8 Feb - collected my passport
9 Feb - flying!

this was stressful, it has worked out. At times I wished postponed my Oath ceremony though!
Congrats and safe travels!

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
Please let us know once you receive your citizenship certificate. I am in the same boat. My citizenship ceremony is on Feb 23 and I have to travel on March 21. I am bit worried. So if they would have considered your request would they send you the certificate even earlier than 15 days?
Hello, my citizenship certificate arrived very quickly. I live in the same city where the certificate was printed and mailed from though.

My timeline:

19 Jan - Oath Ceremony
25 Jan - Called Service Canada for an in person passport appointment
3 Feb - In person appointment in Vancouver
10 Feb - Picking up passport today!

Reactions: funloving

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello, my citizenship certificate arrived very quickly. I live in the same city where the certificate was printed and mailed from though.

My timeline:

19 Jan - Oath Ceremony
25 Jan - Called Service Canada for an in person passport appointment
3 Feb - In person appointment in Vancouver
10 Feb - Picking up passport today!
Did they ask for proof of travel for in-person appointment?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Yes it is now a mandatory requirement for in person appointments.
I hope they will change this requirement now the cases are low and businesses are re-opening. I prefer to apply in-person than mailing my application even if I have to wait 2 weeks for my appointment.