+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Requesting a Washington (WA) Police Certificate

rnbacchus

Jun 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband just requested a criminal history record from Washington, using the link provided on the CIC website. In addition to needing an FBI report, he's also required to submit a state certificate from every state he has resided in for 6 months or more. We sent in the request for Nebraska and Georgia by mail, but Washington had an online system through which we could request the report. However, when we paid the fee and made the request, the results were:

"THE FOLLOWING WEB SEARCH NO MATCH FOUND REPORT IS FURNISHED FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY

This report was generated from a transaction run on 08/10/2009 at 16:30 Conviction Criminal History RCW 10.97.050(1)

Pursuant to the purpose of inquiry, NO EXACT MATCH was found in the Washington State Criminal History Repository based on the descriptors provided:

Husband's full name and date of birth

This may mean that the person you are searching for has no criminal conviction record OR that your seach criteria did not match the spelling of the person's name or date of birth.

Positive identification or non-identification in the Washington State Patrol's database, can only be determined by fingerprint comparison."

Since this is a no match found report, should we be requesting another report in person using the fingerprint comparison? Or is this report sufficient to submit to CIC?

mud504@yahoo

Oct 20, 2008
Indiana
When I went to file for an Indiana background search I too found an online link way to do it. But it told me that if nothing is found it would tell me the same response you guys got 'No match found or some other error.' So instead I just went in person to get one. I also had the option of mailing some forms in to recieve and actual copy. I, however don't know if the results you received are sufficient enough or not since the applications dont really give you much detail on it. I would think that it would be combined with the FBI search and other state searches showing a clean background, but you never know. Hopefully someone else has experience with this, but if Washington isn't far from you I would say your best bet is to go in person just to be safe.

newbie2281

Jan 31, 2009
Hi,
The way the system works is, the state uses the fingerprint card to check hits in the local state file and in the FBI database (yes even though you got a FBI check). So you will require submitting a finger print card and get a poilice clearance certificate. Also as per guidelines, an original document issued by the state police is required.