+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Requesting a Tourist Visa for my Wife

MrMorales

Aug 6, 2013
Hello Adviser,

I'm hoping that someone could give some advice in regard to my request .

I'm a Canadian Citizen and a long time professional worker in last February, after 5 years of my relationship I got married in Cuba to my wife who is a Cuban Citizen. I have a plan to sponsor her to come to Canada as a PR.

However, due to the long time period of the PR process we have decided that she asks for a tourist visa (with an invitation letter from me) and after she arrives to Canada then we will go ahead with the sponsor to pursue her PR.

I am not sure if it could be a good way to go, if I should take some key considerations before to proceed or if the chance to obtain her tourist visa is really low.

The advices are very appreciated

Regards,
MrMorales

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - it's certainly one way to go.

Unfortunately the chances that her tourist visa will be approved are pretty low. To be approved, she will have to demonstrate that she has strong ties to Cuba and has no plans to remain in Canada long term. Needless to say, it's not too much of leap for CIC to figure out that someone with a Canadian husband probably has different plans.

By all means apply - she may get lucky.

However if she's refused, make sure you have a plan be (i.e. applying outland).

MrMorales

Aug 6, 2013
I was afraid to hear this back. I know this is the reality. The plan b will be the sponsor process. Thank you very much for your reply.

kartickstar

Mar 7, 2013
hi there please can help me i got second time reject TRV visa CAIPS report im pasting in the wall have a look and please advice me what i can do to show them i will leave the Canada and i want to go for only 10 days please help me

case Reviewed : previous refusal notes read ,PA to Reunion with wife for one in Montreal PA is recently married 20/04/2013 . no children .his wife is in Canada since Nov 13 2011, on a valid WP valid until 30 march 2014 .doing a post doctoral fellowship weak personal ties in India .PA is JR training /HR manager since April 2012 . weal professional ties in India .limited previous travel (uae) bank statement shows large amount deposited in account and recent deposit . i have concern that fund may not exits for the intend travel inviter saving around 8k . No NOA submitted but copy of Shows 29499 k $ as taxable income .on balance of profitability iam not satisfied that PA is well established in India to motivate is dept from Canada once he will be reunited with his iam not satisfied that inviter is well established in Canada and has sufficient fund to support PA intended travel .on balance of profitability iam not satisfied that PA is BF temporary visitor to canada that would depart aat the end of the authorised stay...
refuse on: travel history ,on ties , and funds

please help me to apply for third time \nd what are the chances while looking this report and what i have to do please help me

thanks
kartick

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
MrMorales said:
Hello Adviser,

I'm a Canadian Citizen and a long time professional worker in last February, after 5 years of my relationship I got married in Cuba to my wife who is a Cuban Citizen. I have a plan to sponsor her to come to Canada as a PR.

However, due to the long time period of the PR process we have decided that she asks for a tourist visa (with an invitation letter from me) and after she arrives to Canada then we will go ahead with the sponsor to pursue her PR.

I am not sure if it could be a good way to go, if I should take some key considerations before to proceed or if the chance to obtain her tourist visa is really low.

Regards,
MrMorales

Definitely go for it. Show as many ties as possible for your wife to the home country. Job, family, property (if applicable). Basically anything to convince the VO that she will not remain permanently in Canada and that she has something to go back to. My wife's PR is application is in progress and she just applied for TRV and got it.

farwa ff

Jul 31, 2013
Definitely go for it. Show as many ties as possible for your wife to the home country. Job, family, property (if applicable). Basically anything to convince the VO that she will not remain permanently in Canada and that she has something to go back to. My wife's PR is application is in progress and she just applied for TRV and got it.

Hello i an also applying for trv in a couple of months to visit my husband . Can u plz guide me regarding the ties which we can show to the VO . I have shown the folling ties in my application . Working in a private company on a good salary package , i m enrolled in a masters program in Karachi uni and thirdly i m the only who look after my home and my parents in law.

waitingforcic

Jul 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrMorales said:
Hello Adviser,

Regards,
MrMorales
MrMorales:
I was once in this same situation, I was the wife in Cuba and was invited twice by my Canadian citizen husband to came to Canada and both times the Canadian embassy denied my visa. We had to go for the immigration process, which to our surprise lasted 3 months only.
If you want to take your chances, go ahead, but don´t expect too much.
There´s always hope and I´m just speaking from my personal experience.