+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request to change status from visitor to study

boom2011

Jun 7, 2023
hello to all members
I have been in Montreal for 15 days... I have a visitor visa and I want to change my visitor status to a study permit...
What are the procedures... and how much is the cost of studying in the institutes... and do I pay the full costs in installments?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello to all members
I have been in Montreal for 15 days... I have a visitor visa and I want to change my visitor status to a study permit...
What are the procedures... and how much is the cost of studying in the institutes... and do I pay the full costs in installments?
You cannot apply for the study permit from with Canada as a visitor. The application will need to be processed through your home county's visa office.

You'll want to show a bank balance of at least $25000 to be approved.

Fees vary from school to school. You'll need to research these on the school web sites. Make sure you are looking at the international student fees.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
You cannot apply for the study permit from with Canada as a visitor. The application will need to be processed through your home county's visa office.

You'll want to show a bank balance of at least $25000 to be approved.

Fees vary from school to school. You'll need to research these on the school web sites. Make sure you are looking at the international student fees.
hello to all members
Are you a spouse of a study/work permit holder? If yes, then you are eligible to apply for a study/work permit within from Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello to all members
You have to pay the first year in full. Have you done IELTS (English language test)? Even if you have passed all the tests and gotten all your documents it can often take around 4 months for a study permit to get processed. Can be less but also could be longer. You also have to prove strong ties to your home country which is much harder from Canada.