+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request to Canada immigration to not deduct express entry points based on age factor temporarily.

ashrita.s

Aug 4, 2020
Due to the current epidemic which has been going on for quite a few months now, there has been hardly any express entry all program draws during this time. The draws were mostly restricted to PNPs or CEC. In this situation, we sincerely request Canada Immigration to not deduct any points from our express entry profile based on age factor at least for those candidates whose birth months fall during the time of the ongoing epidemic until Canada Express Entry starts to issue all program draws as before. Kindly take this into consideration.

Reactions: Lulu69

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Due to the current epidemic which has been going on for quite a few months now, there has been hardly any express entry all program draws during this time. The draws were mostly restricted to PNPs or CEC. In this situation, we sincerely request Canada Immigration to not deduct any points from our express entry profile based on age factor at least for those candidates whose birth months fall during the time of the ongoing epidemic until Canada Express Entry starts to issue all program draws as before. Kindly take this into consideration.
I believe your request is placed at the wrong place, as no one from IRCC will ever view this thread. Also, IRCC have updated their immigration mandate to reflect what is best for Canada during 2020 as they do with the start of every year, so even if you made this request through formal communications to them don't expect any reasonable feedback.

They could however, change their mandate again as the situation evolve every day,as they did for the past couple of months, but don't expect them to make exceptions related to eligibility points or how CRS is calculated,as these are embedded inside their IRPA and it's regulations which would take MUCH longer to change than simply posting an update on their site

That's my two cents!

Reactions: jrossi

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Very unlikely that they will make changes. Canada wants to attract younger families and it is best for younger people to arrive so they can have time to build their careers and save for retirement.

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
I think you'd need to remember that the purpose of creating Express Entry and the points system was based on what's best for Canada and its future. It wasn't made as a service to help people immigrate to Canada (of course there are services for asylum seekers and refugees but those are more humanitarian based), so you'd probably understand why they won't take such requests into account.

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
While I feel your pain about the situation , there is nothing you can do about it , instead find a way to make up for lost points, this is the perfect opportunity as everything seems to be stopped for FSW, start learning French for example , with a solid 6-9 months of learning you can get the additional points, less than 6 months if you are really motivated and have time in your hand.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
This is not a Canadian government forum.

You can try posting this on IRCC's twitter or facebook page.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As others have said, no one here works for the government and this isn't a government web site. You aren't going to get anything changed by posting here. Best option if you are serious about pursuing this is to find an MP (member of parliament) who is willing to support this cause - preferably one that is Liberal. Good luck.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Canada has an ageing population and that shows no signs of changing anytime soon. Immigration is one of the tools Canada has to abate the impact of a low birth rate. So they would obviously continue to favor younger skilled workers via awarding them more points by virtue of their age.

It is what it is, and it is by design.

ashrita.s

Aug 4, 2020
Guys, I am not saying to completely remove the age factor criteria. All I'm saying is to temporarily not deduct it as Immigration is not fulfilling their all rounds draw at this time. Imagine you are 29 years old and your score is 470. Until Covid hit, the cut off score was lingering around 471ish and you had a ray of hope that in the coming months it would hit 470, but alas, covid hit, they stopped issuing EE draws and in August you turn 30. How is 30 years of age being considered old btw??? All I am saying is to temporarily hold off the point deduction.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Guys, I am not saying to completely remove the age factor criteria. All I'm saying is to temporarily not deduct it as Immigration is not fulfilling their all rounds draw at this time. Imagine you are 29 years old and your score is 470. Until Covid hit, the cut off score was lingering around 471ish and you had a ray of hope that in the coming months it would hit 470, but alas, covid hit, they stopped issuing EE draws and in August you turn 30. How is 30 years of age being considered old btw??? All I am saying is to temporarily hold off the point deduction.
And we are explaining that it makes zero sense for them to do that, even temporarily. Not when there are other levers they can pull at this time.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
There is no guarantee of a minimum level of draws at all.

I understand what you're saying, but you're asking IRCC (somewhere where IRCC won't see it) to ignore a fundamental principle of the program just because they aren't drawing those rounds. They're not drawing those rounds on purpose, and they have undoubtedly thought about the impact on older pool applicants. Sorry :(

Reactions: ita_drgen