+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

request of paying Right of Permanent Residence fee. Good new?

lilacsouls

Nov 2, 2009
Hello,

I received the letter from CHC-Singapore last weeks indicates that "In order to conclude your relative's application abroad, the right of permanent residence fee required". Is it a good news? They are ready to issue me a visa, aren't. I'm so worry. Don't have good sleep for many nights :(. Thank you.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
hello,
that's good news! it means that they are ready to finalize your application and issue visa to you.
congratulations!

trentgibbons

Oct 28, 2009
I just recieved the same letter, do I pay this fee now? it says I can pay it in person when they request me to go to the local immigration office, will they continue processing or are they waiting for this fee? please help

lilacsouls

Nov 2, 2009
Thank you for your fast response, Suin. I'm so relief now. However, there is still a doubt about processing my permanent residence application. I lived in Canada before and I got a departure order from CIC in 2006. I left Canada and back my homecountry. 3 years later, I married with a Canadian guy :D and as what you know now, apply for spousal permanent residence application. I just was so surprised that Immigration Officer never ask me question of my departure order since I was ready for it. My case seem processing smoothly. I'm so lucky, I know. But I'm still worry about these things. Any advice??

lilacsouls

Nov 2, 2009
Hello trentgibbons,

I made payment right after receiving the letter. I suggest you should made a payment as soon as possible. Good luck.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
trentgibbons said:
I just recieved the same letter, do I pay this fee now? it says I can pay it in person when they request me to go to the local immigration office, will they continue processing or are they waiting for this fee? please help
I think you need to pay it the soonest to avoid any possible delay in process of your application.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
lilacsouls said:
Thank you for your fast response, Suin. I'm so relief now. However, there is still a doubt about processing my permanent residence application. I lived in Canada before and I got a departure order from CIC in 2006. I left Canada and back my homecountry. 3 years later, I married with a Canadian guy :D and as what you know now, apply for spousal permanent residence application. I just was so surprised that Immigration Officer never ask me question of my departure order since I was ready for it. My case seem processing smoothly. I'm so lucky, I know. But I'm still worry about these things. Any advice??
could you please share your timeline? I think there shouldn't be any problem with your application. Have you mentioned about it in your forms?

lilacsouls

Nov 2, 2009
Yep, I did. I honestly answered all the questions listed in the form, including my home address when I was in Canada, the college I went to, and so on. It is so funny. Here is my timeline:
April 6: Sent application to CPC-M
April 24: sponsorship application approved and permanent residence app sent to CHC-Singapore
April 26: AOR received
May 7: start processing permanent residence app
Oct 13: sent a letter asking to pay ROPR fee
Oct 23, received the letter.
Ecas sill shows "In process"

wasted_year

Nov 19, 2009
i was asked to pay this fee as well... but how do we pay it? i didnt know how or where to pay it so i was giong to wait until the interview... but obviously its better to pay as soon as possible.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
wasted_year said:
i was asked to pay this fee as well... but how do we pay it? i didnt know how or where to pay it so i was giong to wait until the interview... but obviously its better to pay as soon as possible.
I think you can pay online if you have a credit card.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/epayweb/Welcome.do?lang=en

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
job_seeker said:
wasted_year said:
I think you can pay online if you have a credit card.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/epayweb/Welcome.do?lang=en
...and live in Canada, though a bank draft can work too, especially if you live outside of Canada.