+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request of passports [changed visa office]

Marseluhu

Jan 13, 2021
Hello,
I just got request of passport and some documents. It was suggested to contact nearby VFS office.
While we submitted, the residency was Georgia, and our case was taken by Ankara VO. Now we live in Rwanda, and we updated our contact information and address, in the beginning of the May. But still got letter from Ankara VO.
Today when we visited VFS office in this city, they told us, that they just send to Tanzania VO.
Now my question is, where should we send the passport, in Ankara via carrier or ask for transferring our case to Tanzania?
Please keep in mind that we are short on time, and have just 1 month for all this processings before flight to Canada.

P.s my spouse is Canadian citizen. Is he still meant as an accompanying family member? We don't need to send his passport, right?
Thank you in advance for your help!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The Canadian does not need a visa, don't send his passport.

Yes, send through VFS to whichever visa office eg Tanzania.
At this stage it is printing and affixing the visa which any visa office with the printer can do. You are not changing the visa office responsible, Ankara is using Nairobi and VFS to handle logistics and print the visa.

I don't know how long it will take. In most cases it is two to four weeks but does depend on local logistics and offices. A month may he fine or a bit tight. Ankara would not be faster at this point.

Marseluhu

Jan 13, 2021
The Canadian does not need a visa, don't send his passport.

Yes, send through VFS to whichever visa office eg Tanzania.
At this stage it is printing and affixing the visa which any visa office with the printer can do. You are not changing the visa office responsible, Ankara is using Nairobi and VFS to handle logistics and print the visa.

I don't know how long it will take. In most cases it is two to four weeks but does depend on local logistics and offices. A month may he fine or a bit tight. Ankara would not be faster at this point.
Thank you! your comment was very helpful.

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Hello,
I just got request of passport and some documents. It was suggested to contact nearby VFS office.
While we submitted, the residency was Georgia, and our case was taken by Ankara VO. Now we live in Rwanda, and we updated our contact information and address, in the beginning of the May. But still got letter from Ankara VO.
Today when we visited VFS office in this city, they told us, that they just send to Tanzania VO.
Now my question is, where should we send the passport, in Ankara via carrier or ask for transferring our case to Tanzania?
Please keep in mind that we are short on time, and have just 1 month for all this processings before flight to Canada.

P.s my spouse is Canadian citizen. Is he still meant as an accompanying family member? We don't need to send his passport, right?
Thank you in advance for your help!
Congratulation! Glad to hear that. I received the Ghost Update on June 30. Do you think I am close to getting PPR?

Marseluhu

Jan 13, 2021
Congratulation! Glad to hear that. I received the Ghost Update on June 30. Do you think I am close to getting PPR?
Thank you!
I don't know how close you are, but let's hope you will get it soon! when you submitted your application, how many days did it show you approximate processing time? mine showed 12 months, and when it has passed I contacted them via email and they responded back really soon, telling me my application has approved. try the same, contact them, if given deadline has passed.
Good luck!

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Thank you!
I don't know how close you are, but let's hope you will get it soon! when you submitted your application, how many days did it show you approximate processing time? mine showed 12 months, and when it has passed I contacted them via email and they responded back really soon, telling me my application has approved. try the same, contact them, if given deadline has passed.
Good luck!
Awesome! Thanks for your reply.
Where did you apply? Should I send an email or send a WebForm?
My timeline is as below:
Application Type: Work Permit for SUV
Canadian Embassy: Ankara-Turkey
Confirmation of Online Application: December 12, 2021
Biometric Completed: December 23, 2021
Review of Eligibility Started: March 3, 2022
Medical Exam: No need
Additional Doc.: No Need
Interview: No Need
Background Check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Ghost Update: June 30, 2022

Last edited: