+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request letter saying my invitation was sent due to a system error

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
So you have Canadian masters and one year Canadian work experience to have 501.
That's what I said, that score sounds a little bit too high. The notification clearly states that the error was the new NOC conversion. This suggest that they deemed the NOC selection as incorrect and would retract the points awarded under the new system. Hence not eligible.

Ojeras

Star Member
Nov 2, 2022
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
18-02-2023
Hello everyone,

I just received a request letter from EE advising the below:

"There were technical issues as a result of the switch to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC 2021), which have impacted aspects of the Express Entry system."

"As a result, the Invitation to Apply (ITA) that we sent to you on January 18, 2023, that invited you to apply for permanent residence was sent due to a system error. According to information on file, you did not meet the eligibility requirements for that invitation."

In the letter, they also suggested that I should (but not necessarily) withdraw my application because I will likely not be meet the requirement.

Did anyone ever receive such a letter? I checked my NOC code, it was new five-digit 2021 and everything was correct.

Any advise or insight would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!!!
I heard another 5 persons who received the ITA on Jan 11 received the same letter as you. Their scores are correct and used new correct teer code, but they received this letter too. They called the IRCC and the IRCC told them it's a system error. However, IRCC will reject their application due to ircc system error. It's so ridiculous.

Last edited:

dadapatrick

Jul 4, 2023
I heard another 5 persons who received the ITA on Jan 11 received the same letter as you. Their scores are correct and used new correct teer code, but they received this letter too. They called the IRCC and the IRCC told them it's a system error. However, IRCC will reject their application due to ircc system error. It's so ridiculous.
Were their applications all rejected? I was given an option to proceed but with a warning that it will likely not meet the requirement. I'm thinking if I should withdraw and create a new profile

krisd2012

Jul 6, 2023
Were their applications all rejected? I was given an option to proceed but with a warning that it will likely not meet the requirement. I'm thinking if I should withdraw and create a new profile
I am in the same situation. I received a letter today about system error. I received ITA on January 18th as well (490 as cut off). I have 491 score. I am so unsure if to withdraw or try to apply. Were you applying with any help from immigration consultants? I think we should ask someone for suggestion.

oscarl

Jul 6, 2023
It's unfair that IRCC is rejecting applications due to a system error. The applicants have done everything correctly, and it's not their fault that the system is not working properly.

Ojeras

Star Member
Nov 2, 2022
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
18-02-2023
They will choose option 2, which is "to proceed but with a warning that it will likely not meet the requirement ". Did you passed the eligibility? However, their eligibility shows in process in tracker.

Last edited:

Ojeras

Star Member
Nov 2, 2022
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
18-02-2023
I am in the same situation. I received a letter today about system error. I received ITA on January 18th as well (490 as cut off). I have 491 score. I am so unsure if to withdraw or try to apply. Were you applying with any help from immigration consultants? I think we should ask someone for suggestion.
Hello, May I ask if you passed the eligibility on the Tracker? Thanks.