+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request Letter for Proof of Funds

asc456

Nov 12, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have recently applied for Canadian PR through the Express Entry process. In my application, I have attached the following for proof of funds from both by current and savings account:
- Balance Certificate
- No liability certificate
- Account summary.

I have enough in each of those accounts exceeding the minimum funds requirement. However, after about 4 months of the application submission, I get a request letter stating and I quote:
Funds, proof: Please provide a written statement on the source of funds you have available for
settlement in Canada. Also please include an documentation and written explanation.

Did anyone else receive this kind of letter after having more than sufficient funds. Note that I am currently employed.
I cannot think of anything else to provide other than the bank statements for the past 6 months.

Any advice as to what should go in the written statement and what sort of documentation they require?

jayscorp

Nov 10, 2018
I think you have to provide proof that the funds didn't jump into your account from the clouds. So they are probably asking for income statements to show a process of growth in income or sale of something that generated the balance

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have recently applied for Canadian PR through the Express Entry process. In my application, I have attached the following for proof of funds from both by current and savings account:
- Balance Certificate
- Account summary.

I have enough in each of those accounts exceeding the minimum funds requirement. However, after about 4 months of the application submission, I get a request letter stating and I quote:
Funds, proof: Please provide a written statement on the source of funds you have available for
settlement in Canada. Also please include an documentation and written explanation.

Did anyone else receive this kind of letter after having more than sufficient funds. Note that I am currently employed.
I cannot think of anything else to provide other than the bank statements for the past 6 months.

Any advice as to what should go in the written statement and what sort of documentation they require?
You have to show how those funds were accumulated, they want to make sure you didn't borrow the money to fulfill the funds requirement and that you will have that money available to you when you land to settle down.

asc456

Nov 12, 2018
@jayscorp and @EE456 Thank you so much for your prompt replies.

I have earlier provided my salary in the NOC letters. So I guess for this I have to attached the 6 months bank statement and a letter stating how my funds grew over time. That's all?

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Hi Guys,

- Balance Certificate
- Account summary.

What were the contents of this account summary document?

asc456

Nov 12, 2018
@sam3218 It had the date I opened the account, the total amount as of now, my name and ID and the branch I am getting the certificate from.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
@sam3218 It had the date I opened the account, the total amount as of now, my name and ID and the branch I am getting the certificate from.
So you obviously missed on the key components here - six months average balance - that is to ascertain the buildup of funds was gradual not sudden. You're lucky in my opinion that they had even asked for this ADR. So as other posters said , upload six months stamped and signed bank statements and explain how the funds accumulated.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
@jayscorp and @EE456 Thank you so much for your prompt replies.

I have earlier provided my salary in the NOC letters. So I guess for this I have to attached the 6 months bank statement and a letter stating how my funds grew over time. That's all?
If that will reflect the whole amount, then yes.

asc456

Nov 12, 2018
@sam3218 I know ten friends of mine who submitted only the balance sheet and got approved which is why I was surprised.

@EE456 and @canbnd Yea it accumulated from Salaries starting with what I earned when I was a student, which were pretty much saved.