Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
13-06-2014
LANDED..........
24-05-2015 :)
Hi All,
I submitted my only IELTS copy to CIC when applying for PR and unfortunately I did not took a copy of certificate. Now I need a copy to apply for citizenship. did anyone request a copy of document from cic before? if so please let me know the process.
I can not get another copy from ielts test center because they are not maintaining certificates more than 2 years old.

Thanks

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Hi All,
I submitted my only IELTS copy to CIC when applying for PR and unfortunately I did not took a copy of certificate. Now I need a copy to apply for citizenship. did anyone request a copy of document from cic before? if so please let me know the process.
I can not get another copy from ielts test center because they are not maintaining certificates more than 2 years old.

Thanks
if you studied here and completed a diploma or any other certificate, attach that.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Hi All,

Thanks
I don't think you can request any application docs back from CIC as I doubt they keep everything afterwards. I kept a copy of my IELTS report after submitting the original for my PR application, but I didn't use it for citizenship. I requested another original report from the test center and sent a copy of that, as I figured they'll need the original later anyways... I requested the report within 2 years of my test, though.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Thanks
Did CIC not return your original documents after they processed your PR application? They had mailed back all the originals once my PR application was successfully processed. (Including my IELTS test score).

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did CIC not return your original documents after they processed your PR application? They had mailed back all the originals once my PR application was successfully processed. (Including my IELTS test score).
That’s not standard. They don’t normally return IELTS

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That’s not standard. They don’t normally return IELTS
wow- didn't know that...CIC had returned the original docs not just in my case, but for all of my friends (who had applied around the same time that I had applied) as well.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
wow- didn't know that...CIC had returned the original docs not just in my case, but for all of my friends (who had applied around the same time that I had applied) as well.
Wow really? This is the first time I heard that, for multiple people as well. Maybe it is worth a try to contact CIC and get the report back, then.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hi All,

Thanks
I am not sure but I have seen in some previous post sometime in the past that someone ordered GCMS/ATIP and obtained the copy of the application (not sure if it PR application or citizenship application or something else) and he received his whole application and found the document he needed.

May be he wanted to see if the application was filled correctly or maybe he wanted to find some document that he wanted to use for future reference.

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Have you tried contacting IELTS? I'm sure they have a record of your results that they can send to you.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Have you tried contacting IELTS? I'm sure they have a record of your results that they can send to you.
They won't issue a report if your test was over 2 years ago. Some people seem to have got their original report back from CIC so that's not impossible. Also, most people don't get asked for the original language proof, if they demonstrate good English in the interview.

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Hello All, I am facing exactly the same issue. I have lost my ielts certificate. I had given it way back in 2014 and the ielts centre doesnt have a copy of it. trying to understand what are my options here while applying for citiizenship. Should i appear for ielts once more