+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request Help for PPR in NDVO while PA is in USA - Spouse Sponsorship

CV.

Nov 6, 2021
Hi Members,
I have spent some hours reading through similar cases on the forum but it seems things have changed a bit as compared to older posts. I am in a situation where the PA is in USA and the PPR is addressed from NDVO. The PPR states the following regarding submitting passport if you are overseas. Earlier PPRs did not have this information.

"
A)
To submit your package while overseas:

Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee

For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit:

"

Surprisingly, when you visit the link it doesn't show the USA vfs office details. We have used USA vfs services in past for visitor visa. So, I called up the ircc helpline and the person was very confused with my query. He essentially told me that PA need not travel to India to get COPR and visa stamped and she can send the Passport to Ottawa at the 365 Laurier Avenue West address. My wife (PA) called up the NY vfs office and they have told her that due to covid they had stopped accepting documents, but now they are accepting and the website is still not updated. She was also told she can send docs to NY vfs.

Now we have 3 options
A) Send passport and docs to Ottawa as per the confused IRCC person with a return envelope like other posts even though the PPR doesn't mention the word "Ottawa" at all like older PPR's.
B) Send passport and docs to vfs NY as per the VFS person even though it is not on vfs website.
C) Go to India on a short notice and get it done at NDVO which is inconvenient and expensive at this time of the year.

I seek advise and help here. If there is someone who is/was in a similar situation and how you handled it.

Thanks a lot!
CV

CV.

Nov 6, 2021
Hi Members,
I have spent some hours reading through similar cases on the forum but it seems things have changed a bit as compared to older posts. I am in a situation where the PA is in USA and the PPR is addressed from NDVO. The PPR states the following regarding submitting passport if you are overseas. Earlier PPRs did not have this information.

"
A)
To submit your package while overseas:

Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee

For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit:

"

Surprisingly, when you visit the link it doesn't show the USA vfs office details. We have used USA vfs services in past for visitor visa. So, I called up the ircc helpline and the person was very confused with my query. He essentially told me that PA need not travel to India to get COPR and visa stamped and she can send the Passport to Ottawa at the 365 Laurier Avenue West address. My wife (PA) called up the NY vfs office and they have told her that due to covid they had stopped accepting documents, but now they are accepting and the website is still not updated. She was also told she can send docs to NY vfs.

Now we have 3 options
A) Send passport and docs to Ottawa as per the confused IRCC person with a return envelope like other posts even though the PPR doesn't mention the word "Ottawa" at all like older PPR's.
B) Send passport and docs to vfs NY as per the VFS person even though it is not on vfs website.
C) Go to India on a short notice and get it done at NDVO which is inconvenient and expensive at this time of the year.

I seek advise and help here. If there is someone who is/was in a similar situation and how you handled it.

Thanks a lot!
CV
For anyone having the same dilemma, I chose option B and it worked well.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
For anyone having the same dilemma, I chose option B and it worked well.
Hi, can you please specify what all docs you have sent . One of our in-law is in similar boat now. She is in US, got PPR for her Super Visa and need to send passport for stamping. and PA is in India, he can submit his passport to NDVO right as usual.

Docs required as far as we got to know:
1) Original Passport
2) PPR letter received from IRCC.
3) Consent forms
4) 2 photographs
5) Return courier envelop -- in this case did you select VFS offered courier(Fedex) or we can chose our own as well? Like Fedex/UPS return label & envelope with no end-date on it??

Please advise?

CV.

Nov 6, 2021
Hi, can you please specify what all docs you have sent . One of our in-law is in similar boat now. She is in US, got PPR for her Super Visa and need to send passport for stamping. and PA is in India, he can submit his passport to NDVO right as usual.

Docs required as far as we got to know:
1) Original Passport
2) PPR letter received from IRCC.
3) Consent forms
4) 2 photographs
5) Return courier envelop -- in this case did you select VFS offered courier(Fedex) or we can chose our own as well? Like Fedex/UPS return label & envelope with no end-date on it??

Please advise?
I don’t remember the exact set of documents I sent tbh as It’s been a while. I used the vfs provided courier service. GL

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I don’t remember the exact set of documents I sent tbh as It’s been a while. I used the vfs provided courier service. GL
Ok thanks, so we can send them to either of the VFS right? Either LA or NY. It doesn't matter.?