NONE
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Appliaction
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Hello All,
My sister submitted her online work permit application in March 2020 before covid lock down. At that time she had approved LMIA. She completed her bio metrics. The application was acknowledged too. Now on Friday we received a letter requesting for an updated job offer and LMIA. I am wondering if anyone has experienced this and how did you go about it. Applying for a new Lmia is not an option because it won’t be approved as per this website https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/refusal.html.
Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,
My sister submitted her online work permit application in March 2020 before covid lock down. At that time she had approved LMIA. She completed her bio metrics. The application was acknowledged too. Now on Friday we received a letter requesting for an updated job offer and LMIA. I am wondering if anyone has experienced this and how did you go about it. Applying for a new Lmia is not an option because it won’t be approved as per this website https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/refusal.html.
Thank you.
This is happening with a lot of work permit applications.

Basically since so much time has passed and markets conditions have significantly changed (i.e. the LMIA was obtained prior to COVID hitting and there are a lot more people looking for work now in Canada), IRCC needs the employer to confirm this job is still required.

She needs to provide the documents requested in order for IRCC to continue processing her work permit application.

Why is a new LMIA not an option for her? Which category does her job fall into?

agnelsavery

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Chennai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-03-2021
Hello All,
Thank you.
Hi
may I know your sister’s NOC and the timeline details please
thanks

zzzman

Sep 3, 2020
Canada
Hello All,
Thank you.
The timeline is similar to mine, though I haven't received such a letter yet.
Would you mind sharing the timeline of the application and the visa office processing the application?

Alerr

Dec 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Appliaction
Med's Request
20-03-2015
This is happening with a lot of work permit applications.

Basically since so much time has passed and markets conditions have significantly changed (i.e. the LMIA was obtained prior to COVID hitting and there are a lot more people looking for work now in Canada), IRCC needs the employer to confirm this job is still required.

She needs to provide the documents requested in order for IRCC to continue processing her work permit application.

Why is a new LMIA not an option for her? Which category does her job fall into?

Alerr

Dec 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Appliaction
Med's Request
20-03-2015
I know this is a challenge because as per that link no new LMIA are been approved. But did they ever mention that the approved LMIA were Null and void? Well I guess work permit will be tough to be approved. Do you think it will be better to withdraw application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I know this is a challenge because as per that link no new LMIA are been approved. But did they ever mention that the approved LMIA were Null and void? Well I guess work permit will be tough to be approved. Do you think it will be better to withdraw application?
That's not what the link says. Plenty of LMIAs are still being approved now.

I don't think there's any chance the work permit application will be approved unless your sister provides a new LMIA and job offer from her employer.

Alerr

Dec 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Appliaction
Med's Request
20-03-2015
The timeline is similar to mine, though I haven't received such a letter yet.
Would you mind sharing the timeline of the application and the visa office processing the application?
she submitted online on March 4th biometrics on
Hi
may I know your sister’s NOC and the timeline details please
thanks
Online submission on March 4th 2020
Biometrics requested on March 6th 2020
Biometrics submitted March 16th 2020
NOC 6332
We don’t know the office processing her application as this was online submission.

Alerr

Dec 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Appliaction
Med's Request
20-03-2015
That's not what the link says. Plenty of LMIAs are still being approved now.

I don't think there's any chance the work permit application will be approved unless your sister provides a new LMIA and job offer from her employer.s
My sister employer is in Alberta and in Alberta no new or pending LMIA will be approved. Also if a province has unemployment rate above 6% then they won’t approve. They are other jobs especially seasonal where the LMIA are been approved. My concern is the application was submitted before covid- I thought the locked- in date will apply. Anyway, we can only submit updated offer letter and employer will submit a letter too.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My sister employer is in Alberta and in Alberta no new or pending LMIA will be approved. Also if a province has unemployment rate above 6% then they won’t approve. They are other jobs especially seasonal where the LMIA are been approved. My concern is the application was submitted before covid- I thought the locked- in date will apply. Anyway, we can only submit updated offer letter and employer will submit a letter too.
No lock in date applies.

Again, because so much time has passed, market conditions have changed and there is a lot of unemployment, IRCC is requesting new job offers and LMIAs from many applicants.

Submit the updated job offer letter and see what happens. Since IRCC has specifically requested a new LMIA, most likely the application will be refused. But worth a try.

bhisham

Star Member
Sep 4, 2011
Hi All,

While applying for work permit online do i need to print the filled forms sign them and scan the signed forms and upload? or can fill directly on laptop and upload without signatures? forms like Imm1295e, 1294e, imm5645e

Early response will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Bhisham