+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for the Procedure to get Police Certificate from NORWAY

BittuPittu

Oct 21, 2014
Hi

Need your help for applying Police Certificate from Norway.
I stayed in Norway, Bergen city for nearly 10 months (July 12th 2009 to April 2nd 2010) on the work permit.Please find my below DNB bank account details which may helpful for my identification in Norway
User Name of my bank a/c:19098126794 (Now I do not have access to my account)
Now I am applying for CANADA immigration, as per the process they requested for Police clearance certificate from Norway. For the same I had gone through your official website(http://www.emb-norway.ca/) and found the below information.
I have few doubts related to the required documents, would you please clarify the same
“ The application for a police certificate must include the following documents:
· Application form (GP – 5168 B)

Question 1: Which Address Do I need to fill in the application(Current Address or the one which I stayed when I am in Norway)
Question 2: I had been to Norway on my work permit so what do I need to fill in Date and year of immigration to Norway
Question 3: What do you mean by Personal ID number.
Inline image 1

· Certified copy of valid passport, drivers license or bank card containing your photo and signature
Question : I traveled on my old passport and now renewal the new so just want to check which Passport I need to attach
· Documentation of why you need the criminal record certificate
Question : I applied for CANADA immigration so do you want me attached a written application and the check list

Thanks for your help in advance.

Bittu

nads1

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London, England
LANDED..........
26-03-2016
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/norway.asp

BittuPittu

Oct 21, 2014
Hi

Thanks for the link... I have doubts while filling the application.

But I have few doubts related to the required documents, would you please clarify the same
“ The application for a police certificate must include the following documents:
· Application form (GP – 5168 B)

Question 1: Which Address Do I need to fill in the application(Current Address or the one which I stayed when I am in Norway)
Question 2: I had been to Norway on my work permit so what do I need to fill in Date and year of immigration to Norway
Question 3: What do you mean by Personal ID number.
Inline image 1

· Certified copy of valid passport, drivers license or bank card containing your photo and signature
Question : I traveled on my old passport and now renewal the new so just want to check which Passport I need to attach
· Documentation of why you need the criminal record certificate
Question : I applied for CANADA immigration so do you want me attached a written application and the check list

Thanks
Bittu

satishkumar

Dec 28, 2016
Hi Bittu,

I have similar case here, i have worked in Oslo for 2 year around, and i need to get this police clearance.

Question.
1. Application_for_Criminal_record_Vedlegg_2936. - is this the only form required?
2. Confirmation_of_Reason_Vedlegg_3475: - do i need this form as well, if yes then what would be details in pace of NGO / employer?

apart from passport do i need other document as well ?

Thanks for you help.

365GoodDay

Jan 31, 2018
Hi,

For Non-resident of Norway do we need fingerprints also.

Where we can find the GP – 5168 B
Hi, good to see somebody in the same boat on the spot :)

Let’s figure it out together as I just started gathering the info!

Seems no need for the fingerprint!

I doubt if "GP5168B" is the same as "confirmation of Purpose"? (https://www.politiet.no/globalassets/02-tjenester-admin/politiattest/for-arbeids--oppdragsgiver/confirmation-regarding-the-purpose-of-the-police-certificate2.pdf) and who should sign this form as IRCC won't do this!

I am going to search more and call them up tomorrow. Please keep me posted if you get more information.

Thanks

pcamp33

Jul 12, 2018
Hello
365GoodDay

i am in the same situation as you.
and my immigration process is urging so i need to get my police certificate rapidly from norway
i don't get who is suppose to fill the form "confirmation of purpose".
did you manage to reach norwegian police to get informations for all the steps to get the certificate ?
can you help me ?
thank you

365GoodDay

Jan 31, 2018
Hello
365GoodDay

i am in the same situation as you.
and my immigration process is urging so i need to get my police certificate rapidly from norway
i don't get who is suppose to fill the form "confirmation of purpose".
did you manage to reach norwegian police to get informations for all the steps to get the certificate ?
can you help me ?
thank you
Hi,

It’s very straightforward!

I sent an email to the following address politiattest@politiet.no and got the following response and followed these steps and got mine :)

Here is how you apply for a Norwegian criminal record certificate:

1) Fill out and sign by hand an application form:
https://www.politiet.no/globalassets/02-tjenester-admin/politiattest/soknad-per-post/application-for-criminal-record-certificate.pdf
2) State the purpose and also state if you want the certificate to be issued in English.
3) Make a copy of your passport.
4) Have you received a Norwegian identity number? If so, then we are likely to have information about you staying in Norway. If not, then you need to provide some kind of documentation to prove you have been to Norway.

Good Luck!

pcamp33

Jul 12, 2018
thank you very much for your help and rapidity :) i appreciate
just two last questions if I may :
- did you send your documents by (1) email or (2) postal mail to the following adress ?
Politiets enhet for vandelskontroll og politiattester P.O. Box 113 9951 Vardø
- how long did it take for you ? they say about 3 weeks on the website

thanks

tariqpervez

Jul 14, 2018
Hi,

It’s very straightforward!

I sent an email to the following address politiattest@politiet.no and got the following response and followed these steps and got mine :)

Here is how you apply for a Norwegian criminal record certificate:

1) Fill out and sign by hand an application form:
https://www.politiet.no/globalassets/02-tjenester-admin/politiattest/soknad-per-post/application-for-criminal-record-certificate.pdf
2) State the purpose and also state if you want the certificate to be issued in English.
3) Make a copy of your passport.
4) Have you received a Norwegian identity number? If so, then we are likely to have information about you staying in Norway. If not, then you need to provide some kind of documentation to prove you have been to Norway.

Good Luck!

Your information is of great help.

One thing i want to ask that you only submitted passport copy as the form ask for bank ID or driver's license copy as well. As i am applying for immigration i will uncheck the 1st and 3rd box which is related to confirmation of purpose and criminal record will be sent directly to civil aviation. Please provide your help in this regard.

365GoodDay

Jan 31, 2018
- did you send your documents by (1) email or (2) postal mail to the following adress ?

thanks
- Just send the documents to the provided email address
- As per their claim it takes 2 weeks to process the PCC but my case took 1 week. moreover, since it it mailed out via regular mail it might take several weeks. For my case I got the mail in one month!

Please thumbs up if you like it!

Last edited:

365GoodDay

Jan 31, 2018

One thing i want to ask that you only submitted passport copy as the form ask for bank ID or driver's license copy as well. As i am applying for immigration i will uncheck the 1st and 3rd box which is related to confirmation of purpose and criminal record will be sent directly to civil aviation. Please provide your help in this regard.
Yes, I put a check mark in the second box and sent a scan copy of my current passport, my Norwegian Visa and the related old passport. Do not know if it was required to send the Norwegian Visa. I also provided them my Norwegian identity number as was requested in the email.
Good Luck

Last edited:
Reactions: darwin900

darwin900

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Yes, I put a check mark in the second box and sent a scan copy of my current passport, my Norwegian Visa and the related old passport. Do not know if it was required to send the Norwegian Visa. I also provided them my Norwegian identity number as was requested in the email.
Good Luck
Hi there!

Please can you let me know what type of police certificate did u receive? Ordinary, Exhaustive or Exhaustive & extended? Also on the document does the heading say 'Criminal Record Certificate' or 'Police Certificate'? Also what does the 'purpose' field state on the police certificate. @365GoodDay pls reply my case is urgent. Thanks

Last edited:

darwin900

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018

thanks
Hi there!
Which type of certificate did you receive? Ordinary, Exhaustive or Exhaustive & Extended? Also on the heading does it say 'criminal record certificate' or 'Police Certificate'? Also what does the 'purpose' stated on the certificate? @pcamp33 pls reply ... my case is urgent. thanks

Last edited:

darwin900

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018

Hi there!

Please can you let me know what type of police certificate did u receive? Ordinary, Exhaustive or Exhaustive & extended? Also on the document does the heading say 'Criminal Record Certificate' or 'Police Certificate'? Also what does the 'purpose' field state on the police certificate.. Thanks