+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for Right of Permanent Residence Fee

willnv

Jul 11, 2008
I just received a request for Right of Permanent Residence Fee in the mail. Does this mean that the application is nearly complete? I thought they only asked for this if you are approved. It says "In order to conclude your relatives application abroad, a Right of Permanent Residence Fee in the amount of $490 is required." To me this means that they want the money so they can finish up the process. The only thing is that I only sent my application in about 3 1/2 months ago. Seems a little quick to me but if its all good then this is a big sigh of relief. FYI my wife's from Thailand so our visa office was Singapore.

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Hi,

It's possible that they have completed processing the application, but either way, I would send the PR fee ASAP, because if you don't, it will delay processing. The processing times in Singapore are between 3-7 months, so there is a chance it's almost done.

FYI, wait until your wife has the visa in her passport before you book her flight.

M

med

i think thats just the money needed to complete the processing of ur applications but its also a hint that ur application is going on the right track . good luck