+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for Police Certificate from Buffalo

MrsMiller

Aug 24, 2009
Hi Everyone!

I have learned so much through this website, some of the advice I have read on here has been so extremely helpful in completing this process.

I am American, married to a Canadian. I sent my paperwork in in September and at the end of November recieved a letter asking for a police clearance from the RCMP. I understand that this happens sometimes, but any idea of the reason they would be asking for it when all of my other clearances have been perfect? Also, is this a sign that I should be preparing for an interview? My husband and I are very anxious for this to all be over and would love any advice you can give us.

Thanks!

MrsMiller

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MrsMiller said:
Hi Everyone!

I have learned so much through this website, some of the advice I have read on here has been so extremely helpful in completing this process.

I am American, married to a Canadian. I sent my paperwork in in September and at the end of November recieved a letter asking for a police clearance from the RCMP. I understand that this happens sometimes, but any idea of the reason they would be asking for it when all of my other clearances have been perfect? Also, is this a sign that I should be preparing for an interview? My husband and I are very anxious for this to all be over and would love any advice you can give us.

Thanks!

Because a person with a similar name and age has a criminal record in Canada, and they want to determine that it is not you. Hopefully you are close to Canada so that you can have digitally prints done, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob116.asp at one of the mentioned companies. Results in 72 hours, otherwise paper prints take about 3 months. If there no doubts about the relationship, then there will probably not be an interview.

PMM
MrsMiller