+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for Passport received - but my husband and I living in different countries

arjun279

Feb 7, 2017
Glad to share the news that today I received Request to send passports from Canada Visa Office from New Delhi.

But, I am in a problem. I moved to US in March and I submitted PR application from US providing US residential address only. But, I received the passport request letter to send my and my dependents passports to New Delhi. Currently, my husband lives in India as he has a job that he could not quit immediately and I moved to US temporarily on a job. The letter says, all the passports should be sent to New Delhi Visa Office. I cannot send my passport across the borders. I can only send to Visa Office in US. My husband can submit in India. I have written to CIC Ottawa as well as New Delhi Visa Office explaining the situation. Not sure if Visa Office can be assigned to me and my husband differently.

Another issue is that, my husband is traveling on July 25th to Canada and US on a business trip which he cannot cancel. Hoping that this gets resolved and we both get to submit the passport in our respective countries.

Question is that, my husband has visitor visa currently on his passport. Will it be cancelled after the PR is issued? Can he travel to Canada with PR stamping without me with him as I am the primary applicant. Lots of confusions and issues.

Could you please help me out if anyone had undergone this kind of scenario and should we really worry about the situation.

Regards
Arjun

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Glad to share the news that today I received Request to send passports from Canada Visa Office from New Delhi.

But, I am in a problem. I moved to US in March and I submitted PR application from US providing US residential address only. But, I received the passport request letter to send my and my dependents passports to New Delhi. Currently, my husband lives in India as he has a job that he could not quit immediately and I moved to US temporarily on a job. The letter says, all the passports should be sent to New Delhi Visa Office. I cannot send my passport across the borders. I can only send to Visa Office in US. My husband can submit in India. I have written to CIC Ottawa as well as New Delhi Visa Office explaining the situation. Not sure if Visa Office can be assigned to me and my husband differently.

Another issue is that, my husband is traveling on July 25th to Canada and US on a business trip which he cannot cancel. Hoping that this gets resolved and we both get to submit the passport in our respective countries.

Question is that, my husband has visitor visa currently on his passport. Will it be cancelled after the PR is issued? Can he travel to Canada with PR stamping without me with him as I am the primary applicant. Lots of confusions and issues.

Could you please help me out if anyone had undergone this kind of scenario and should we really worry about the situation.

Regards
Arjun
Call 1-888-242-2100 or write CPC-CTD-Ottawa <CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca>

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I do not think family members can land before the principal applicant if that is what you are thinking, you would need to land either before or with your husband.

Last edited: