+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for passport question

Aisleen

Apr 11, 2018
Hello received the following email from IRCC:
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
> RPRF: Please pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee (RPRF) and submit proof of
payment to our office.
> Passport/Travel Document: Records indicate that your passport has expired or will
expire within the next 12 months. Please apply for and then submit a copy of your new passport
which has greater than 12 months of validity remaining.
Is this a request for passport email ? I know other say you have to mail in your passports I was instructed to send them via email. I also did receive a request for photographs which others have mentioned is part of the ppr. If I recall I think I sent in two photographs when I submitted my application. Thanks!!

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
> RPRF: Please pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee (RPRF) and submit proof of
payment to our office.
> Passport/Travel Document: Records indicate that your passport has expired or will
expire within the next 12 months. Please apply for and then submit a copy of your new passport
Is this a request for passport email ? I know other say you have to mail in your passports I was instructed to send them via email. I also did receive a request for photographs which others have mentioned is part of the ppr. If I recall I think I sent in two photographs when I submitted my application. Thanks!!
Doesn't look like.
1. You need to pay RPRF fee and submit the payment receipt to IRCC.
2. Your Passport is going to expire in the next 12 months. IRCC wants you to renew your passport and share a copy of the new passport. (Please read carefully how to do it.)

Don't take it lightly.

As per my understanding, THIS IS NOT PPR, your application is not yet decided.

Aisleen

Apr 11, 2018
Thanks for your reply. I have paid my rprf and emailed my new passports which I received last week. I thought I was near the end because I passed my medical back in February and I thought that was the last step.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Thanks for your reply. I have paid my rprf and emailed my new passports which I received last week. I thought I was near the end because I passed my medical back in February and I thought that was the last step.
Emailed your new passport? You mean you've sent them a copy?

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
payment to our office.
Could I ask you, how long after they've requested to pay (RPRF) ? We also did not pay it when we sent the application, we just paid Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and Bio...

mstrhz

May 8, 2019
Could I ask you, how long after they've requested to pay (RPRF) ? We also did not pay it when we sent the application, we just paid Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and Bio...
They requested us to pay RPRF on 8th May (AOR1 was received on 13th April).

Reactions: StephanH