Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-1-2014
LANDED..........
21-1-2014
:D Today I got an e-mail from the CIC requesting documents and passport! This is the next big step we have been waiting patiently for!

It reads: This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

Next we need to send in the requested documents, which is easy for us to assemble. Of course the step after this requires waiting. Hopefully, not too much longer. 8)

Passport2Canada

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-2-2013
AOR Received.
25-2-2013
Med's Done....
5-2-2013
Passport Req..
3-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2014
I got a similar email on September 3, 2013. I didn't need to send any additional documents in my case, just a scanned copy of my passport. Unfortunately, I can't give you an estimate as to when you will see your COPR. Has your ecas status changed to "Decision made" or "In process"? Doesn't really matter though, because CIC is notorious for not updating applicant statuses. The downside is that there's no way to know when to expect a decision, or your landing papers for that matter. I've waited 36 days since my passport request and still no communication, no landing papers, and they won't even answer emails. From what I've been hearing, theres a queue for visas to be printed, so it might be a few weeks, or a few months. Potluck most likely.

Are you already part of the March 2013 thread? If not, check it out.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/march-2013-applicant-t137482.0.html

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Eeriest Elk said:
:D Today I got an e-mail from the CIC requesting documents and passport! This is the next big step we have been waiting patiently for!

It reads: This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

Next we need to send in the requested documents, which is easy for us to assemble. Of course the step after this requires waiting. Hopefully, not too much longer. 8)
congrats on your passport request......you are almost at the finishing line of the long process

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Eeriest Elk said:

Congratulations!!! About time :D ;D 8)!! Blessings.

blackrod

Jun 20, 2013
I too received a similar email, "his is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Updated IMM5669 “Schedule A” for yourself and your spouse

New original FBI certificate for yourself and your spouse

New original police certificate for yourself and your spouse from Kenya

Please submit the requested documents/fees to the following address:
Attention: Program Assistant – NK03487-CPP-O
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor, Section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable. If you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this e-mail. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated above.

If we do not hear from you within 30 days, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information on file and your application may be refused.

The problem is that, I had earlier supplied them with an FBI certificate, which as you can see, has not been acknowledged in this email. 30 days is a short notice to get a new FBI certificate. What should I do?

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
The problem is that, I had earlier supplied them with an FBI certificate, which as you can see, has not been acknowledged in this email. 30 days is a short notice to get a new FBI certificate. What should I do?
Did you get a tracking number when you mailed it? If they received it even if they don't acknowledge the receipt (they seem not very good at acknowledging things, we watch ECAS and nothing ever changes) if you don't hear anything negative in your emails saying that they didn't receive it, you should be fine.