+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

request for passport but traveling

pea

Apr 23, 2008
Hi All,

We sent in our application on June 26th, 2008 for me to sponsor my husband (we both live in UK).
We since have left UK to travel around South East Asia and are currently in Malaysia.
We have just received letter from Visa Office in London to send my husband's passport and photos to get the permanent visa (yay).

My question is:

1) does anybody know how long it will take for the whole process from us sending them the passport (by DHL or Fedex) to them processing it and sending it back to us? As of course we would be "stranded" the whole time they have his passport and he won't be able to travel.
2) would it be possible at all to contact them and have them send the visa over to say Singapore or Hong Kong for us to go and have processed instead of having us sending the passport back and forth?
3) does anyone know how to contact visa office in London? they don't have email address, phone number or fax number listed anywhere and I've read in the forum that someone has phoned and faxed them but I have no idea where to find this information!

Thanks very much and looking forward to reply from anyone who might be able to advise!!

p

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
It is probably illegal for you to be in any foreign country without a passport, so in theory you should not send it back home. the best thing to do is call the embassy/consulate/mission in your home country and ask how to proceed.

zeek

Apr 27, 2008
hi pea

maybe you can email them a Case Specific Enquiry and see what they will say.
here is the site for the london visa office https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=london
i email singapore office last week and they reply to me in one day but ever visa office is different.

i hope this helps a little.
take care
zeek

pea

Apr 23, 2008
thanks guys for your advice. I think it's best that I contact them and see what they have to say and then go from there.

I emailed them twice before, never got 1 reply so I doubt they will reply to me. does anyone know the phone number or fax number for them?

pea

Apr 23, 2008
hello, sorry me again.

does anyone know how long it does from the time you send your passport to London office to the time you have your visa and passport all processed and sent back to you?

help much appreciated.

thanks

p