+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for ORIGINAL documents

shenggay

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Will the local Visa Office return the ORiginal documents that they are requesting?
I'm not overly concerned with some of the requirements like bank certificates, but they are also requiring Origina ECA, transcript AND Diploma. I can easily get another copy of my transcript of records from the University but Diploma is only issued once. Can somebody enlighten me on this. Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Under EE, you do NOT submit originals at any point. Everything is online and one is required to just upload scanned copies.

shenggay

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here you go. it states ORIGINAL

We require the ORIGINAL copies of the following in order to further assess your ability to meet Canada’s immigration requirements:
 IMM 5476 - Use of Representative from, if applicable (pls. obtain this form at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp). Please note that failure to disclose your representative is misrepresentation and may lead to the refusal of your application
 NSO birth certificates for yourself, your spouse/ partner and children
 NSO marriage certificate
 Any other relevant documents pertaining to identity and relationships (eg. annulment/divorce documents,
death certificate, adoption documents)
 Your Education Credential and Equivalency Assessment (ECA report), transcript of records and
diploma/certificate
 Proof of your work experience in the last 10 years from the date of your application
 Letter of offer of employment from your prospective employer in Canada, if applicable
 Your Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
 IELTS test score for yourself and your spouse/partner
 Proof of relationship to relative in Canada, status of relative in Canada, and residence status of relative in
Canada
 Proof of funds (i.e. but not limited to: a detailed written explanation supported by verifiable documents
pertaining to the source and history of accumulation of funds (i.e. but not limited to: bank passbooks or bank statements reflecting history of funds or transactions made on the accounts, certificate/s of time deposit indicating history of placement, proof of sale of properties and evidence of other income)
 Police certificates (foreign and local) for yourself, your spouse/partner and dependent children 18 years of age or older
 Provincial or territorial certificate of qualification, if applicable and
 Your payment receipt for application fees.
The ORIGINAL documents requested should be sent through either of the following methods:
(IMPORTANT: Submit all the required documents at the same time by ONE method only. Sending documents through duplicate or multiple channels will result in processing delays)
1. Visa Application Centres (VACs)
For more information, visit: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Index.html

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Barring the fact that it says 'copies', where are you getting this list from? I suspect you're looking at the wrong webpage because these instructions pertain to paper-based PR applications which were accepted only till end 2014.

shenggay

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It was sent as a message to us by the Manila Visa office via mycic.

Anyway, it is clear that this is unique to our local VO. In any case I will still update this thread whatever happens to our application.

This is so frustrating.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's weird and, if I'm not wrong, the first time this has been reported on the forum.

What stage is your application in? What does your MyCIC and ECAS say?

shenggay

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ecas is in process since july 31.

Mycic
Medicals passed
Bg in progress since sept 8 - they called yesterday at work verifying work details

Received this email request just today.

I'm under PNP EE, btw.

nadsicle

Apr 23, 2015
In my case, I was asked to attend an interview on October 7th by Manila VO, asking me to bring original copies as well...

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
shenggay said:
Ecas is in process since july 31.

Mycic
Medicals passed
Bg in progress since sept 8 - they called yesterday at work verifying work details

Received this email request just today.

I'm under PNP EE, btw.
it is better to go in person to VAC than sending this by post. check for the possibility so that something doesn't go wrong.

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
shenggay said:
Will the local Visa Office return the ORiginal documents that they are requesting?
I'm not overly concerned with some of the requirements like bank certificates, but they are also requiring Origina ECA, transcript AND Diploma. I can easily get another copy of my transcript of records from the University but Diploma is only issued once. Can somebody enlighten me on this. Thanks.
If VO is asking for originals of our education certificates then they will definitely return. I submitted my education certificates for UK visa and they safely returned it back so it will be the same with any visa office.