N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Tariq Ali said:
Thanks for the informatiin Rossie. In my case, Abu Dhabi Canadian.Embassy looks after Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, UAE for the visa processing. I heard that medical exam is pretty tough. Though I bought medical insurance with pre existing condition but after knowing from other people who havegone thru this process are saying that medical is tough regardless of age factor. In my case, my father is suffering from minor stroke and can only walk with the help of walker. Really freaking out about his medical exam due day after tomorrow.
Medical exam would be same as any other TRV Med Exam or IME (Immigration Medical Exam). Since most parents are over 50, both VO and doctos will be more concerned and as a result will ask/test thoroughly.

For example, both my wife (doctor herself) and I were with my mom the day she appeared for her exam. She is diabatic, hypertensive and hypothyroidic. She exercises everyday, in good health and on regular medication for all of the above. She was asked to do as Electrocardiography (ECG) along with chest x-ray by the doctor as she has both diabetes and high blood pressure. The routine check-up would include measuring blood pressure, chest x-ray, blood test and urine test. If the doctor feels like doing more, he/she would tell you. When they get the x-ray, blood test & urine test report and find some issues, they would also recommend you for further testing. If everything seems good and the medical report is sent to Canadian Consulate, they will check everything again and may ask for further testing if they aren't satisfied.

adhos

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippine
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-11-2011 (PNP family referral)
Doc's Request.
15-7-2012
Nomination.....
1-5-2013
AOR Received.
10-7-2013
IELTS Request
15-03-2014
File Transfer...
20-08-2014
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
16/06/2015 PP sent by VFS Dhaka on 6/17/2015
VISA ISSUED...
June/2015 Passport reached Dhaka VFS on 5th Aug 2015
LANDED..........
----------
Rossei said:
Medical exam would be same as any other TRV Med Exam or IME (Immigration Medical Exam). Since most parents are over 50, both VO and doctos will be more concerned and as a result will ask/test thoroughly.

For example, both my wife (doctor herself) and I were with my mom the day she appeared for her exam. She is diabatic, hypertensive and hypothyroidic. She exercises everyday, in good health and on regular medication for all of the above. She was asked to do as Electrocardiography (ECG) along with chest x-ray by the doctor as she has both diabetes and high blood pressure. The routine check-up would include measuring blood pressure, chest x-ray, blood test and urine test. If the doctor feels like doing more, he/she would tell you. When they get the x-ray, blood test & urine test report and find some issues, they would also recommend you for further testing. If everything seems good and the medical report is sent to Canadian Consulate, they will check everything again and may ask for further testing if they aren't satisfied.
Dear @Rossei

My parents applied for super visa few weeks ago.

7 days ago only my father got medical test request with Application# and UCI#

My mother did not receive any medical test request!!!

is it possible that they rejected my mother and only want to proceed with my father?

or they forgot to send the medical request for my mother?

Should I email and ask them whats the case?

sorry for asking too many questions. really worried as to how the application is being processed. :(

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is frustrating unfortunately the whole process is not logical. I would try contacting CIC to see the status of your Moms application, if they didn't send you a rejection letter than she has not been rejected. Be patient it is a frustrating process.
Good Luck

adhos

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippine
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
15-7-2012
Nomination.....
1-5-2013
AOR Received.
10-7-2013
IELTS Request
15-03-2014
File Transfer...
20-08-2014
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
----------
Gary Goldshmidt said:
This is frustrating unfortunately the whole process is not logical. I would try contacting CIC to see the status of your Moms application, if they didn't send you a rejection letter than she has not been rejected. Be patient it is a frustrating process.
Good Luck
ok this is how I sorted out.

I went ahead along with my father to do his medical test.

Then asked the guy who has access to a computer system. He checked with my mother's passport # and said they received Medical request for my mother. He then gave a printout of a form ( quite different from the one that was sent for my father from CIC)

The form has a IME # with barcode and information of my mother such as her name, passport#,issue date and list of exam required.

I'm still not sure whether i'm being scammed or not but I went ahead and did medical test for my mom.

lets see what happens next.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
adhos said:
ok this is how I sorted out.

I went ahead along with my father to do his medical test.

Then asked the guy who has access to a computer system. He checked with my mother's passport # and said they received Medical request for my mother. He then gave a printout of a form ( quite different from the one that was sent for my father from CIC)

The form has a IME # with barcode and information of my mother such as her name, passport#,issue date and list of exam required.

I'm still not sure whether i'm being scammed or not but I went ahead and did medical test for my mom.

lets see what happens next.
Who is the guy? Someone works at the medical centre?

It's weird that only your father got IME request. But I've seen it before from CIC. You should confirm your situation with CIC/VFS.

adhos

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippine
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
15-7-2012
Nomination.....
1-5-2013
AOR Received.
10-7-2013
IELTS Request
15-03-2014
File Transfer...
20-08-2014
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
----------
Rossei said:
Who is the guy? Someone works at the medical centre?

It's weird that only your father got IME request. But I've seen it before from CIC. You should confirm your situation with CIC/VFS.
Yes. the guy was from Dr. M.A Wahab's chamber. He sits at reception and also has access to eMedical system.

He seemed quite confident about the fact that my mother has a (Immigration medical exam) IME# and they already have the request.

adhos

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippine
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
15-7-2012
Nomination.....
1-5-2013
AOR Received.
10-7-2013
IELTS Request
15-03-2014
File Transfer...
20-08-2014
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
----------
Finally my parents got their multiple entry super visa till 2019.

Just came home with the passports. Visa office was Singapore.

They are sponsored by my elder brother.

But I believe the airport immigrant officer will finally decide as to how long they can stay at canada.
Can somebody shed some light in this regard?

i'm also waiting for my own PPR under SINP.

Goodluck to those who already applied and let me know if u need to know anything about supervisa.

god bless all.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
adhos said:
Finally my parents got their multiple entry super visa till 2019.

Just came home with the passports. Visa office was Singapore.

They are sponsored by my elder brother.

But I believe the airport immigrant officer will finally decide as to how long they can stay at canada.
Can somebody shed some light in this regard?

i'm also waiting for my own PPR under SINP.

Goodluck to those who already applied and let me know if u need to know anything about supervisa.

god bless all.
Congrats!

As to how long they can stay in Canada; you're right that the POE officer will/may write it on entry stamp on their passport. But you cannot have more than 2 years. In past, some parents got 6-month stay permit with Super Visa. I think it was plain oversight or ignorance from POE officer towards Super Visa. Nowadays, it doesn't happen much; but you should be cautious anyway.

If they are willing to stay for the max period (2 years); they may have to be vocal about it when they land in front of immigration. If at least one of your parents is fluent in English/French; s/he should be prepared with an answer as well as to why they are seeking to stay for 2 years. If not; then you can write a letter explaining the reason, mail it to them so that they can show it to POE officer (if required). This is what I did when my mom was entering Canada alone on Super Visa for the second time to stay for 2 years. But fortunately; she didn't have to say much or show the letter since the officer gave her 2-year permit anyway.

jc672565

Apr 26, 2016
Hi my parents apply for suoervisa and they got medical.
The did the medical exam on April 20 and still waiting for answer

I am so worried. What happen next now.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
jc672565 said:
Hi my parents apply for suoervisa and they got medical.
The did the medical exam on April 20 and still waiting for answer

I am so worried. What happen next now.
Request for medical is always a good sign. Now hold your patience. You don't have to worry much.

Maryam2737

May 11, 2017
Hello...

I applied for supervisa for my parents on April 9th. and received the medical exam request on April 20th. I want know that receiving medical exam request means that supervisa is almost approved or 90% approved?

Appreciate your valuable feedback.

Many thanks.

HI There,

can you tell me what happened after medical exam was sent?

did you get the Super Visa or there were more steps to be done?

Please advise as I have applied for my mother and they asked her to do the medical exam.

I am so worried.

Thanks a lot

Sagar5187

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
Interview........
Oct 2012 (rejected) went for Appeal (ADR)
Passport Req..
July 2012
Hey,

My Parents are US citizen, for applying for Super visa, can they get their medical done in Canada. ?

Gsadafg143

Aug 19, 2018
Hi just need some information regarding my parents super visa from pakistan they asked for my dad medical exam but?how the contact home via email or by mail or text? They didn't ask medical for my mom is this ok and also they are checking my parents background check do u know how long it take for the whole process and how do we know when they asked for medical exam for my dad?

sasghar1992

Aug 7, 2018
Hello all
My parents got a request for medical two weeks back. The same day my dad was in an accident and had a fracture in his right hand. The medical appointment was scheduled for two weeks; it is tomorrow. Since it is not a pre-existing condition, I am hoping the physical, urine blood samples and chest xrays won't be affected. What do you all think and any similar experiences?

Thanks,
Syed

P.S. I am worried.