+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for Medical Exam for supervisa

Tariq Ali

Jan 3, 2011
Hello...

I applied for supervisa for my parents on April 9th. and received the medical exam request on April 20th. I want know that receiving medical exam request means that supervisa is almost approved or 90% approved?

Appreciate your valuable feedback.

Many thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Tariq Ali said:
Hello...

I applied for supervisa for my parents on April 9th. and received the medical exam request on April 20th. I want know that receiving medical exam request means that supervisa is almost approved or 90% approved?

Appreciate your valuable feedback.

Many thanks.

1. If they past the medical and you meet the LICO, then there is an excellent chance that it will be approved.

Tariq Ali

Jan 3, 2011
Thanks PMM. What I actually wanted to know is that if the request for medical has come, does it mean that all the documents submitted for supervisa including lico has been accepted already? And the last thing is medical exam and upon passing that, visa will be granted without any further requirements? In other words, is it true that only those people are asked to do the medical exam who's application is already approved for visa unless and only if medical is failed?

Tariq Ali

Jan 3, 2011
Comon guys...I need some expert opinion . Also another thing which I m noticing that all those people who got the medical exam request were sent back the passports. In my case, the passportsare not sent back.

friedbrains

Apr 6, 2012
i have 2 other previous visitor visa, the one that i have now is a super visa, although good for 3 years only since my passport will expire in 3 years... previously there was no need for a medical exam. IMHO, just do the medical, and submit and hope for the best! if there is no compelling reason to disapprove you, they won't but if there are real reasons to grant you a visa, then will! and i do not think there is anybody here who can be considered expert in visitor visa, we can only give you experiences and opinions!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Tariq Ali said:
Comon guys...I need some expert opinion . Also another thing which I m noticing that all those people who got the medical exam request were sent back the passports. In my case, the passportsare not sent back.
This process is still too new and not enough people have been through it for expert opinions to be available. You'll just have to wait and see what happens. Good luck and let us know if your parents are approved.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I'm no expert on this as I applied for my mother and after doing her medicals, she is waiting for the final decision.

Tariq Ali said:
Thanks PMM. What I actually wanted to know is that if the request for medical has come, does it mean that all the documents submitted for supervisa including lico has been accepted already? And the last thing is medical exam and upon passing that, visa will be granted without any further requirements? In other words, is it true that only those people are asked to do the medical exam who's application is already approved for visa unless and only if medical is failed?
Yes, most likely, they don't need any other document. But if the find some anomalies in the medical report, they may ask for further testing. Another thing to be added here is that they may ask you to change health insurance (depending on your parents' health conditions). For example, if your parents are dealing with pre-existing condition(s) and the health insurance you provided doesn't have it; they may ask you to change it. They may also ask to change the effective date if the tentative date written on insurance is way far from the visa issuing date. These are the things I've seen in this forum.

At the end, you cannot say your application is approved for Visa until your passport gets a Visa seal. :)

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
Tariq Ali said:
I am still new to this process... filled all the forms, collected required docs and getting medical policy for my mother.... I thought we need to submit parent's passport after medical request... but from your comments it seems that we need to submit it with the application... can you please confirm it?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
canada_dream100 said:
I am still new to this process... filled all the forms, collected required docs and getting medical policy for my mother.... I thought we need to submit parent's passport after medical request... but from your comments it seems that we need to submit it with the application... can you please confirm it?
They will give you passport back along with medical request. Once you do the medical, you have to re-submit the passport. That's general procedure for Super Visa.

Tariq Ali

Jan 3, 2011
But in my case they did not return the passports back only the papers for medical test. What could this mean? Have they lost the passports or something else. Now this is worrying me...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Tariq Ali said:
But in my case they did not return the passports back only the papers for medical test. What could this mean? Have they lost the passports or something else. Now this is worrying me...
I guess they give the passport back in order to verify the person against the medical form at time of the medical exam. But it's most often not required. If they kept it, that's I guess better since you don't have to send it on your own.

I don't know which country you applied from. If it's applied through VFS, you can find 'tracking info' on their web. Each time we submitted the passport, we were given a tracking/reference no.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Tariq Ali said:
Thanks Rossie...I applied from Kuwait. What is VFS?
VFS stands for Visa Facilitation Service. For some countries, you deal with VFS Centre for visas and immigration and they send info to the consulates. In this way, you don't directly contact the Canadian Consulate.

VFS Global with its HQ in India, provides consular services in many countries like Australia, China, South Africa, France, Indonesia, Bangladesh, UAE, Russia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Ukraine etc for people applying for travel permission to countries like USA, UK, India, Canada, France, Belgium, Australia, UAE, Italy and many more.

Tariq Ali

Jan 3, 2011
Thanks for the informatiin Rossie. In my case, Abu Dhabi Canadian.Embassy looks after Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, UAE for the visa processing. I heard that medical exam is pretty tough. Though I bought medical insurance with pre existing condition but after knowing from other people who havegone thru this process are saying that medical is tough regardless of age factor. In my case, my father is suffering from minor stroke and can only walk with the help of walker. Really freaking out about his medical exam due day after tomorrow.