+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent (IMM 5604E) - Good News?

Dill_Harris

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Beautiful British Columbia
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04/26/2017
AOR Received.
26/04/2017
Med's Done....
01/20/2017
Hi all,

I'm CEC Inland, with an AoR of April 26. I've been in NA2 for a couple of weeks, and this morning I received a request for a completed Declaration of Non-Accompanying Parent, along with photo ID for the non-accompanying parent. I'd already sent this form with my eAPR but hadn't sent the photo ID. Obviously I'll send both to CIC straight away.

My question is whether there is any real chance of refusal at this point? I'm taking the request as good news, since they haven't requested anything else, like Schedule A or RCMP fingerprints. What do you all think? Grateful for any input at all, and Happy Friday to all! @legalfalcon

Reactions: aminahc1

aminahc1

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I'm FSW-Inland and I received that same request for IMM5604 (declaration of non-accompanying parent) and RPRF at the same time (and I submitted them) but I'm still waiting on my FBI clearance. Part of me wondered if being from the US with data sharing and all, they already know what's going to be on my FBI clearance, and that's why I got those requests? I can't bring myself to call the call center again and ask any more questions or they might toss my whole application :D

Reactions: Dill_Harris

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi all,

I'm CEC Inland, with an AoR of April 26. I've been in NA2 for a couple of weeks, and this morning I received a request for a completed Declaration of Non-Accompanying Parent, along with photo ID for the non-accompanying parent. I'd already sent this form with my eAPR but hadn't sent the photo ID. Obviously I'll send both to CIC straight away.

My question is whether there is any real chance of refusal at this point? I'm taking the request as good news, since they haven't requested anything else, like Schedule A or RCMP fingerprints. What do you all think? Grateful for any input at all, and Happy Friday to all! @legalfalcon
Any movement is a good sign. As regards your MyCIC status, be it IP, NA etc. does not correspond to what stage your application is at. IF you are being asked for ADR related to non-accompanying spouse, then to could be that your eligibility is not yet passed. If your eligibility is passed, then the only thing left is BGC, during which no ADR is sent. As soon as the eligibility is passed, the chances of rejection diminish considerably. However, before that, every thing is a fair game.

To know more of the stages an EE application goes through, see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

To know for sure which stage you are at, GCMS is the only sure shot bet.

However go ahead and send the documents asap, so that your application moves ahead. Hopefully after the documents are sent, your BGC should start and you will be closer then ever to get the PPR.

aminahc1

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Any movement is a good sign. As regards your MyCIC status, be it IP, NA etc. does not correspond to what stage your application is at. IF you are being asked for ADR related to non-accompanying spouse, then to could be that your eligibility is not yet passed. If your eligibility is passed, then the only thing left is BGC, during which no ADR is sent. As soon as the eligibility is passed, the chances of rejection diminish considerably. However, before that, every thing is a fair game.

To know more of the stages an EE application goes through, see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

To know for sure which stage you are at, GCMS is the only sure shot bet.

However go ahead and send the documents asap, so that your application moves ahead. Hopefully after the documents are sent, your BGC should start and you will be closer then ever to get the PPR.

Thanks for the info! In my case (second post), is it common to ask for RPRF before eligibility is completed?

Dill_Harris

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04/26/2017
AOR Received.
26/04/2017
Med's Done....
01/20/2017
Thanks so much, @legalfalcon. A couple months ago, my status said "your background check is in progress," or something like that. This makes me think that they had started the BGC. Now it's NA again. Due to my AoR date and this most recent request, I'm reluctant to order GCMS notes because by the time I received them, a decision would likely have been made anyway. I do know that my file is with the LVO and has been for quite some time. As you say, it's hard/impossible to know what's going on without the GCMS notes, so I don't want to speculate. Still, it's hard to imagine why they'd ask for this particular document now if the application were going to be refused.

I might give CIC a call (for the first time!) next week to see if I can get some information over the phone. Otherwise, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope this is a positive sign. Really appreciate your feedback--it's incredibly generous of you to provide the kind of support that you do. Hope you enjoy your long weekend! :)

Dill_Harris

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04/26/2017
AOR Received.
26/04/2017
Med's Done....
01/20/2017
Thought I'd give a bit of an update on this: a week to the day that I received the request for this form (which I uploaded the next day), I got my PPR. I don't know if there were any changes in my CIC account, as I hadn't checked it, but it was a very pleasant surprise! @aminahc1, hopefully you'll get your PPR soon as well! And many thanks as always to @legalfalcon for the input.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

aminahc1

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Thought I'd give a bit of an update on this: a week to the day that I received the request for this form (which I uploaded the next day), I got my PPR. I don't know if there were any changes in my CIC account, as I hadn't checked it, but it was a very pleasant surprise! @aminahc1, hopefully you'll get your PPR soon as well! And many thanks as always to @legalfalcon for the input.
Congratulations!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Happy to help mate!! All the best!