+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for copy of my passport?

Blueeyes294

Jan 7, 2013
Rec'd letter today asking me to have my Canadian husband pay RPRF fee (no problem) and send copy of receipt of payment PLUS copy of my passport to Ottawa by Feb 23 OR WE HAVE TO START ALL OVER?

This letter says it is a second notice (we never got the first one - believe me - I run for the mail every day for months now) and I submitted copies of my passport with my application - why do I need to send again?

Why do they request emails if they don't contact us by email? They emailed my husband that he was approved as my sponsor! Why are they communicating with me via snail mail that obviously got lost?

What is the deal?

I am SOOOOO frustrated.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
They will contact you via snail mail if you did not provide your e-mail address. Did you provide one on your application? They will not use the one your husband provided on the sponsor application after sponsor approval.

Anyway, the letter in general is good. It means they are ready to finish processing your application. Most everyone gets what is called "PPR" - PassPort Request. If you are not from a visa exempt country, they need the passport to stick the visa in there so you can land. If you are from an visa exempt country, you just need to provide a copy of your passport so they can confirm that nothing has changed since when you mailed the application in. Getting PPR is good news and something that people wait anxiously for.