+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for cenomar or Advisory on Marriages

mgcedeno

Feb 2, 2020
Hi... So the immigration emailed me that they needed my cenomar or AOM. I already sent it to them using my Gmail account because they said for fastest service i can just scan and email it to them and they gave me a specific email address for the requested document. Im worried about my composition of email. What i did, i put "Cenomar or Advisory on Marriages" as the subject and on the message itself i typed my UCI and Application number and then i attached my cenomar. I sent it multiple times. I'm worried if they didn't receive it. Should i be expecting a response from them that they got it already? Should i send it through post office to make sure or what? I have only until march 7. They only gave me a month

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Sounds like you addressed it properly. If you sent it to the email address they gave you and the email didn't come back saying it couldn't be delivered then you have to assume that they received it. When using a web form they say you might not hear from them acknowledging receipt of what you have sent so your email submission is probably the same. Is your app in MVO now, are you in the PH or Canada?

mgcedeno

Feb 2, 2020
Sounds like you addressed it properly. If you sent it to the email address they gave you and the email didn't come back saying it couldn't be delivered then you have to assume that they received it. When using a web form they say you might not hear from them acknowledging receipt of what you have sent so your email submission is probably the same. Is your app in MVO now, are you in the PH or Canada?

Thank you so much! my application is in Mississauga visa office right now. so you’re saying they have received it already?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thank you so much! my application is in Mississauga visa office right now. so you’re saying they have received it already?
Obviously I can't tell you that they have received it, I am saying they should have received it if the email didn't come back saying it couldn't be delivered. For your peace of mind maybe get your husband to send a copy of it to them via Express Post in Canada so they get it before the 7th.

mgcedeno

Feb 2, 2020
To trace any previous marriages. But in my case, I sent them the AOM (Advisory on Marriages) because once you're married, you'll automatically get the AOM instead of the cenomar...

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
I guess they will request a copy of AOM from my wife as well as we didn’t include it in the original application package.